• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2009 and GPO / JABB / Strad / Gro - Confused

Question Finale 2009 and GPO / JABB / Strad / Gro - Confused

I read through the tutorial for Finale 2009 for setting up GPO and JABB and it states that two instrument text files need to be installed into the Finale 2009 / FinaleAU directory. I could download the JABB file (it came from the Garritan site) but could not download the GPO file. The MakeMusic FTP server keeps timing out. So, question #1:

Can someone please post the gpofullinstrument.txt file if they have it?

Next is library confusion. I've downloaded the KontaktPlayer 2 update for GPO, JABB, Strad and Gofriller. However I don't see anywhere to update the libraries. I have the following versions:

GPO: 1.0

I'm pretty sure GPO and JABB need to be updated, but I am being clueless on where to find the updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Finale 2009 and GPO / JABB / Strad / Gro - Confused

I am much interested in this subject, since I'm going to update my Finale to 2009 within days. I've always been using GPO (full version) for playback but I have to be sure that I can still do that in Finale 2009. I mean: using the full GPO sound collection, not only those provided by Finale.
    Can anybody inform me on this? Can I work in Finale with Kontakt player 2 (instead of the ARIA player)?

Also, has the problem of using GPO and JABB in Logic 8 been resolved?

Thanks for replies

Maarten van Norden

Go Back to forum