• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Dad's Tribute

Share/Bookmark

My Dad's Tribute

I wish to, once again, express my sincere thanks for the community here for their support during my dad's passing. I would like to share with you all the message I read during dad's memorial. Perhaps it will give some of you who have also experienced the loss of a loved one some comfort.

He Was Our Dad
    He was someone who had a passion for his family. He loved and cared about each one of us. When we were young we thought he was indestructible. We thought our Dad would go on forever, that he would always be there.

I remember when I was very young thinking Dad was going to be President someday, not because he was running for office or expressed aspirations for such a lofty goal; no, nothing like that. I just thought he belonged there, that it was his place to be.

I thought Dad could do just about anything. He could fix bicycle tires or airplane radios; put up tall TV antennas or create an immaculate garden. He could be tough when he needed to be tough and tender when we were hurt. All of us know what it was like when Dad would get upset because we did something we shouldn’t have done. And yet, at the same time, we remember when he would embrace us when we would achieve a grand goal.

I will never forget the times of Dad chasing Mom around the house, trying to tickle her and laughing the whole way. He sure could laugh. I also remember seeing him cry when he received news of his step-father’s passing. Those memories seem a lifetime ago.

All of our shared memories will come back over the coming days and weeks: the trips to Cumberland Lake; Christmas gifts surrounding a silver tree; shrubs which were cut so precisely you would think God Himself trimmed them. I don’t think I will ever hang a picture without having a level handy to make sure it is straight.

Let us take all of those memories, hold them close to our hearts, and be thankful for those moments in time because…because he was our Dad.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: My Dad's Tribute

Sorry to read of the passing of your Dad, it sounds like he was great one and will be missed. Thanks for sharing this with us. My parents are both very elderly and so i know it will come, but i wish they could all stay with all of us longer.

David

Re: My Dad's Tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Sorry to read of the passing of your Dad, it sounds like he was great one and will be missed. Thanks for sharing this with us. My parents are both very elderly and so i know it will come, but i wish they could all stay with all of us longer.

David
    Thanks so much David. There were so many things I wanted to say to dad but just didn't get the chance. But I did get to see him in April (he lived in southern Ohio and I'm in Wisconsin) and we had a wonderful time. And my last conversation with him was great. I will always remember that.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum