• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase 4 or Cubase Studio 4?

Exclamation Cubase 4 or Cubase Studio 4?

Right now I'm studying with a music major in college and have to decide with which version of Cubase I should work. I could get Cubase Studio 4 for 200$ and Cubase 4 for 300$. Sure 300$ is not that much, but money is still tight right now and I don't know if I need all the extra stuff at this time. I just have to learn how to compose and produce music with a DAW.
    I'm gona gradually buy more professional equipments at a later point, but is it OK to just go with Cubase Studio 4 for now? Is it possible to upgrade later on or will I have to buy Cubase 4 for the (academic) full price?

Re: Cubase 4 or Cubase Studio 4?

Its always a good idea to get the best equipment possible but this has to be tempered by the amount of money you have to spend.

The main difference between the versions is the ability to handle larger projects. Altho I have Cubase I am not sure that I haven't yet set out on a project that I couldn't do on Studio.

If you get it cheap, student prices, then go for the best
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum