• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Titanic Voices

Share/Bookmark

Titanic Voices

Seeking advice on the best vocal sample that would match up to the Titanic soundtrack. Need glorious ooooos ahhhhs and ohhhs.
    DAW

Re: Titanic Voices

I think that you can get close with Symphony of Voices

Edit...I just listened to some of it...(yuck ) and it is definitely SOV. I don't know what I was thinking before.

I believe that I read somewhere James Horner used SOV for the Titanic soundtrack. It certainly sounds like the vocals came from SOV to my ears.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

They sound an awful lot like the vocal patches on my old Korg T1, or the Korg M1/T1 digital sound packs... the ones in the movie didn't sound nearly as good as SOV!

yeah when I listened to the CD I was surprised just how bad they sound. I remember there was a note about the technology in the CD booklet... don't have it here right now.
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Smile Re: Titanic Voices

Thanks for the advice ya'll.

I believe that DIVA will be the way to go after listening to their demos.

Thanks again!
    DAW

I'm not really sure how DIVA is going to mimic the Titanic soundtrack's oooos and aaahhhs. SOV is what you want if you are looking at that type of sound. Of course, I'm not saying anything bad about DIVA since I own it. It's just that DIVA is probably the last lib I would load up if I was trying to mimic Titanic. Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs would also be a great choice for that also. Good luck.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    I'm not really sure how DIVA is going to mimic the Titanic soundtrack's oooos and aaahhhs. SOV is what you want if you are looking at that type of sound. Of course, I'm not saying anything bad about DIVA since I own it. It's just that DIVA is probably the last lib I would load up if I was trying to mimic Titanic. Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs would also be a great choice for that also. Good luck.
    I'll second that. DIVA is great, but a completely different style. FWIW...

-LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Funny since DIVA was inspired to be created after I watched Titanic. LOL!!

From there it took off more into the Gothic/Horror genre, so perhaps they are right. Let you hears be the judge.

For a solo female voice, until VT Soprano and yet another slated female vocal product is released (Very soon), DIVA is really the only dedicated female vocal product, no?

Do note. DIVA is not currently selling. DIVA by Design can be purchased as a DLV. DIVA Revamp (fully scripted) will be released in the very near future.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

How close are we to solo voices which sing english text? That I would pay real bucks for. EWQLSC is great but no solo voices. Vocaloid is nice but only for PC. Bela's voices are gorgeous but no comprehensive "wordbuilder" support. Help! Thanks, Earl

Go Back to forum