• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for good shaker samples

Share/Bookmark

Looking for good shaker samples

I'm looking for good shaker samples.
    Of course I'm not expecting to buy-lets say-stylus rmx just to get shaker sound.
    Can anyone suggest?
    Thanks

Re: Looking for good shaker samples

Don't know exactly what you're looking for, but:

* ProjectSAM: Various Freebies "freebie_sam_various_percussion_giga3.zip" contain a shaker.
    * Westgate Studios: "wg_percussion.rar" contain a shaker.
    * The Berklee College of Music Sampling Archive contain shakers.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Hope this is not a silly suggestion, but buy one - they're really cheap and easy to use!

Where are you based in Indonesia?

It's just that I'm about to get on a plane for Hong Kong and then Bali - I could bring you one

regards

Barrie

I was going to suggest the same thing! Buy one and record it. I found that using shaker samples is a real pain. Too many timing issues, not the right sound so you have to EQ like crazy, etc. Good luck!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

The free G-town samples contain a egg shaker. Of course they have that G-town church ambience recorded with them so there are no dry samples. But free is good. http://beta.legaltorrents.com/torren...mpling-project I thought there was a direct DL too, but I don't remember where.

Jeff

Hi thanks for the advices.
    I'll think about recording it directly.

Barrie:
    I was on jakarta, but I've moved to sydney now. Have a good holiday there.

If you are not going to record live, you can sometimes find loops... but it brings up its set of complications.

precisionsound has two sets that contain shakers: ARTificial Drums & Percussions & Ethnic R&B

The old Akai format Steve Reid Percussion has a huge variety of shakers. loopmasters percussionism is good too, has loops & single samples.

HTH

Nigel

I'm not a fan of Sony ACID libraries, but "George Pendergast Percussion" and "Essential Percussion" have great loops and single shot. And G.P. Percussion has the greatest cajun loops+hits on the market. Check them out!

I agree on the Sony Cds, and I have found Drums on Demand's Essential Acoustic Percussion to have a lot of useful shaker loops. They are at 60, 90, 120, & 150 bpm.

Go Back to forum