• Register
  • Help

Topic: Feedback please

Share/Bookmark

Feedback please

Hi all,

I have been working on this track in the last few days and welcome any feedback on it.

It is called "And another thing" it is on my page here at NS.

Link is below in my signature..
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Re: Feedback please

And another thing doesn't work here. The second piece work but the first.

Sorry Jeronimo, something went wrong with the upload and it now plays fine here.

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

I'm afraid I'm going to damn you with faint praise and say that I think it's 'OK'

If it accompanied some visuals that made a coherent 'whole' I might like it more, but as it is, it's just a very average piece of music, with no particular stylistic direction.

Well you asked!
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

well its a nice ambient sort of thing...BUT your drum programming and drumsound are completely off, imo, no offence.

It takes the track into a 90`s world music direction (sort of), and i would realy have removed them and done some more minimalistisc electronic sounding percussion \ soundscapes. Something from Rmx would sit nicely in there me thinks.

That kind of drum programming in combo with the e-bow sounds a bit dated and makes it more cheesy sounding than it has to be.
    Something more subdued and electronic would sound better .

Hi Croftish and Pzy-Clone

Well I didn't programme the drums, they are infact One line of Apple Loops with RMX Nine Volt Audio's Action Drums Taiko edition (3 tracks of)

The Guitar is Real Strat and I used the violining. Which is the sound that I wanted to use in this piece, may be I can make it more realistic somehow.

As for electronic being better that depends on what you want in a piece of music and I don't in this track.

Many thanks

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

It definately sounds dated. As you say maybe that is the sound you want but I'm pretty certain it isn't the sound that would be clients would want.
    Be a bit more adventurous with your sound-scapes - take some risks - DO SOME DRUM PROGRAMMING!
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Hi Croftish,

I think I should get brave and get into it, I had always planned to, do you have any tips? I think a track from another time can be useful for some things..

maybe it is the top layer of drums that is not helping, I did have my doubts about it I have to admit..

Thanks again

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

Go Back to forum