• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will All Rex Files Work in RMX?

Share/Bookmark

Will All Rex Files Work in RMX?

Hi Everyone,

I am a new rmx user and I have a question about importing rex files.
    Can I import Bass guitar rex files into rmx and have all the functionality of rmx
    to apply to them?

Thanks. Jeramy
    MacPro 2.8, 8 Core, OSX 10.5.7, 6GB ram, Logic 8.02, Apogee Duet, Motu Fastlane, Yamaha P120 Keyboard Controller

Re: Will All Rex Files Work in RMX?

Hi Jeramy,

Yes...you can!!! As long as the REX files are of the type REX2.

You will need to convert the files using the SAGE Converter, which comes with Stylus RMX. (check out the Using the SAGE Converter Tutorial)

This works well, when you use the loops in the same tempo as recorded. Speeding up or slowing down the song tempo might result in some artifacts...but...as the word states...it is an "arti fact" and sometimes I like that in a track.

It also depends on how well the REX files were chopped. Usually the more percussive the sample, the better the result.

In general i am very pleased about using audio this way.

Thank you Orange Reality Freak. That is great intel and sure raises some really interesting possibilities. Really appreciate the response. J
    MacPro 2.8, 8 Core, OSX 10.5.7, 6GB ram, Logic 8.02, Apogee Duet, Motu Fastlane, Yamaha P120 Keyboard Controller

Hey OReallity Freak,

Have you ever used any of the Platinum Loops REX2 files? In your experience who produces Rex2 files that you can change the tempo of in rmx without artifacts?

I went to your sites and listened to some of your tracks there. Pretty adventurous. I enjoyed listening. Plus I noticed you are from Holland. I have family in Amsterdam. I am not Dutch tho and neither are they.

J

In your experience who produces Rex2 files that you can change the tempo of in rmx without artifacts?
    Hi Jeramy,

All of our "BPM Flex Series" loops can be used in Stylus RMX or any other REX player at virtually any tempo without artifacts.

You can download demo loops of any of our titles and test them for yourself.
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Thank you Kyle. I have been looking at these and will try the downloads per your suggestion.

Really appreciate the direction.

Jeramy

Jeramy: Chekc out UVI Workstation. And it'f free! I'm really happy with that. The Chaos engine is the only thing I really miss in UVI.

Hi Tothlorant, Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. I like rmx a lot however. Imho it is a very well thought out and easy to use plug in. And as you mentioned missing the chaos generator in the UVI workstation, that is one of rmx's unique features that really sets it apart and makes the creative process a bit easier.

Thanks, Jeramy

Go Back to forum