• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubasis - no volume response

Share/Bookmark

Cubasis - no volume response

I have opened an Overture 4 piece for strings and piano in Cubasis. It is a MIDI file so I am using the MIDI mixer. When I play the song the mixer shows that it is responding to dynamics and will successfully 'mute' and 'solo'. However, I cannot move the volume sliders except they do respond when the volume is activated and adjusted in the Inspector panel, but it still does not change the volume level of the instrument. Any advice would be very welcomed.
    Thank you
    Jonathan

Re: Cubasis - no volume response

Hi Jonathan,

Which volume sliders are you talking about? The ones on the MIDI tracks in Cubasis, the ones on the GPO instruments in Kontakt? Volume level and dynamics for GPO need to be imparted on the Controller level (specifically CC1, the modwheel). Open up the Piano Roll in Cubasis and add CC1 as a controller. You should be able to draw your dynamics right in.

It's possible that Overture's dynamics were all specified by velocity. Faders on MIDI tracks very often control the velocity of the notes or CC7 (overall track volume) information. This is useful for many synths, but GPO uses velocity as a gauge of note attack and will only respond to CC7 commands if "Accept standard controllers for volume and pan" is checked in the Kontakt options box.

Hope this helps,

Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Jonathan,

Which volume sliders are you talking about? The ones on the MIDI tracks in Cubasis, the ones on the GPO instruments in Kontakt? Volume level and dynamics for GPO need to be imparted on the Controller level (specifically CC1, the modwheel). Open up the Piano Roll in Cubasis and add CC1 as a controller. You should be able to draw your dynamics right in.

It's possible that Overture's dynamics were all specified by velocity. Faders on MIDI tracks very often control the velocity of the notes or CC7 (overall track volume) information. This is useful for many synths, but GPO uses velocity as a gauge of note attack and will only respond to CC7 commands if "Accept standard controllers for volume and pan" is checked in the Kontakt options box.

Hope this helps,

Reegs
    It concerns the Cubasis MIDI volume sliders. Your information has been helpful and I have made progress after activating the CC7 command.

I could not find 'piano roll'.

However, now I can operate the MIDI controller volume sliders effectively. Thank you so much.

Jonathan

Piano roll is called "Key edit" in Cubase and is often found as CTRL+E
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum