• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Symphony of Voices Help

Share/Bookmark

Symphony of Voices Help

Ok, so I have Extended Classical Choir and Voices of the Apocalypse.
    I, for months now, have swayed backed a forth about purchasing Symphony of Voices.
    I understand that Miroslav has a new choir library coming soon but I already have
    too much invested in choirs. So, just to round things out...SOV, is within my budget.

Here is the part where I sell myself:

I like the ideal of a darker, more mellow choir.
    I like the ideal of a naturally ambient choir.
    I like the ideal of phrases, articulations and effects.

So, now for my question:

Can users of SOV give me a few reasons why they like and currently use it
    and a few reasons why they don\'t?

Also, King had mentioned how Giga will convert a sample that has 2 velocities into 2 giga files
    for example) so, with that said I assume its a ton of programming to get SOV full giga ready.

Thanks again and again and again and again (must be a loop )

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 02-18-2002).]

Re: Symphony of Voices Help

I just like the library period!
    Its definitely a more mellow sounding \'london\' choir then VoTA, but you also get boys choirs, gregorian choirs, phrases, solo soprano and male tenor multisamples, effects, etc.
    A very cool CD.
    Ask Ilio to send you their free \"Jukebox\" demo CD of 9 or so short demos from SOV. I think you\'ll like it.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-18-2002).]

There\'s one vote for SOV

Thanks Damon.

The ChickenSys convertor will keep the different velocities/dynamics (p/f) in one gig file...at least the new one will. Regardless of whether you get SoV that tool is a good purchase, if you might buy future Akai/Emu,Roland,etc. libraries.

SoV and Vocal Planet are great libraries...different enough from VotA to warrant their purchase for me.

There\'s two votes for SOV.

That\'s cool about Chicken System. I have a few prosamples CD that might beneifit from that software too.

Yes, I do plan on getting more Akai/Ilio stuff. I really dig Heart of Africa. I have a few african samples but nothing that wild. Plus, there is some choir on that CD as well.

Anyway, back to SOV....hummmmm?

I hate to run in on your topic like this, but while we\'re sort of on the topic of Heart of Africa, what do y\'all know about it? I\'ve been looking at it long and hard myself.

Oh great! There goes my thread!! Just kidding. Have you listen to the demo?
    It\'s wild!! Amistad all the way!

SOV. I take it that all the solo phrases (soprano/Tennor) have their own key and tempo?... makes them limiting?

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 02-20-2002).]

May I bump this up? hehehehe, just did!

Just looking for any last minute comments. I think I may place the order today. I was hoping Sound Chaser had this title...they have great prices. Sent an email.

Go for it Francis! It\'s like a 6 or 7 CD set of nothing but killer choir sounds, swells, boys choir (for that Elfman like sound), lyrical phrases and fx.
    I think it was the second CD ROM I bought and I still love it and find it very usable.
    If you got the dough and need mellow choir sounds it\'s totally worth it dude! .
    You\'re gonna love the \"lamenting\" and \"lyrical\" soprano phrases. They\'re gorgeous.
    Oh, and the gregorian monk stuff is fantastic as well!
    Here\'s a tip though...If you\'ve got enough hard drive space, just take the larger samples and leave the \'lite\' ones so they won\'t take up more space on your hard drive.

Thanks Damon. Your post gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling

Can\'t ya tell I\'ve been burned a few times?

hahahaha. I\'m sure we ALL have now and again.

I blieve the Akia version is 5 CD\'s.
    I will have to get Chicken System software...I want to make sure it converts complete not break into a giga file per vel.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast