Share/Bookmark

Questions to users of GS4

Hello,

I am looking for orientation.
    Would someone be willing to tell me:

1) whether it's possible to run synful orchestra
    http://www.shareit.com/demoreg.html?productid=300236078
    as an VSTi in GS4?

2) whether GS4 and it's Gigapulse consumes more power (CPU, Ram...) than GS3?

3) Do you know about a way how to route audio (like vocal recordings) from a sequencer which is installed on the same PC as GS4 (for example Logic 5.5) to GS4 in order to apply Gigapulse to that audio material?

Thank you,
    girolfe

Re: Questions to users of GS4

Girolfe, I don't know if you know, but they discontinued Gigastudio 4... So, unfortunately, it's not something you want to consider, unless they have a fire sale and you get it for $50 bucks, so that if you have problems, you're only out $50 bucks... But who knows, someone may pick it up in the future and continue development...

Same for me. I have bailed on the program. It is no longer lurking in my studio. Time to move on!

Peace

rikp

Hello rikp,

I have read about Gigastudio discontinued.
    Nevertheless it may be what I am looking for.

I need a chance to get clear about that.

With your words "It is no longer lurking in my studio." in mind I am wondering whether you consider to give it away?

girolfe

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    Same for me. I have bailed on the program. It is no longer lurking in my studio. Time to move on!

Peace

rikp
    You are probably lik me and wish you could get your money back.

Or, you may someday be like me, and love using GS4...

Sorry I can't answer your question about Synful, as I've never used it.

Generally speaking, GS4's CPU consumption seems to be a tiny tiny tiny bit lower than GS3.

GigaPulse will chew up lots of CPU cycles, as will any convolution reverb... it's just the nature of the beast...

I own GigaPulse VST, which I apply to non-sample audio content within Cubase. There may be a way to use Giga's native GigaPulse, but I'm not sure what that is.....

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

I 've used GS4 and also love it, but I don't try and make it an all in one solution. I also use Kontackt 2 as the content available is over whelming compared to Giga.

These apps are both fine for recording but a drag to use live IMO. So I can edit and create performances using both apps and have Bidule as a host running everything.

GS4 was poised to be the best version ever, and still might be. Time will tell.

One benefit of the legacy status is I have grabbed VSL strings and a few other libraries that costed thousands of dollars, for peanuts now. So as long as I have top shelf sounds to edit and perform with, I don't care if it's dead, or not. The sound and stability are my main concern, and Giga still rules there.

Personally I can't see why anyone would just want one, when 2 totally unique apps are available.

First Rule Of Government Spending...........Why buy one when you can have two, for twice the price.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by girolfe View Post
    Hello rikp,

I have read about Gigastudio discontinued.
    Nevertheless it may be what I am looking for.

I need a chance to get clear about that.

With your words "It is no longer lurking in my studio." in mind I am wondering whether you consider to give it away?

girolfe
    Why would anyone give it away?

GS4 would be OK, if you plan on moving to Vista, but after that you'll have to find something else. Why waste your money on a program that will not be supported?
    Also GS4 WILL not run a system that has Kontakt installed. So far Tascam has not (probably will not) found a fix for me.

I can get Kotackt players to work under it, but I didn't really think they would be in a hurry to make their main competitor's app. a cinch. When I run K2 as a VSTi it has a very noticable latency.

No biggie, I'll use GS4 to keep making custom performances for GVI, and use K2, etc. all under Bidule.

I still think someone will take it and turn the app. around, and while they continue to develop it, I will use it for the reasons mentioned.

It would be the best app around if it just could turn the corner and get developed fully. Time will tell.

Since I upgraded for dirt cheap the decision was easy. But if someone would want to buy it now in it's current state of limbo........they should probably seek professional therapy.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post

... I still think someone will take it and turn the app. around, and while they continue to develop it, I will use it for the reasons mentioned.

It would be the best app around if it just could turn the corner and get developed fully. Time will tell...

I sure do hope that will be the case. The online petition for opengigastudio is
    still running and has 497 votes right now. I willl buy the update because I'm on
    win xp 64 bit, and now I'm also considering the Soniccore XITE 1, maybe next year. God, but the price
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Go Back to forum