• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Organ and KP2

Share/Bookmark

GPO Organ and KP2

Not long ago, I got the Concert and Marching Band software, which requires (and includes) KP2. The KP2 also now controls the Garritan Personal Orchestra and presents some interesting (and unwanted) effects.

For organ playback, I must now enter a CC1 value at the start of each track, which was not previously required.

On previously created files, if I wish to add a new preset, I must convert the file to the KP2 version, which can be a chore.

Standard organ keyboard is 5 octaves. GPO organ is not. I can' remember if it previously was, but I have at least one piece that exceeds the GPO organ limit. The limit is G6, and I have scored A6. There may be other instances, but I don't remember.

What brings the matter to my attention now is that in the past few days, I have composed 4 organ pieces, the first use of the organ since installing KP2.

Am I overlooking something, or is this the way things are now? If so, what changes might be wrought by the Aria engine?

Richard

Re: GPO Organ and KP2

Well, Jon, that reference was in response to my inquiry about Studio, and I had forgotten about it. I read it, printed it, and lost my nerve when it came to to taking the action. Perhaps I will muster up some courage and go at it. Life was a bit simpler a few years ago when my main worries were little matters like dodging an occasional bomb or two!

Richard

Go Back to forum