• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Paranoid Conspiracy Theory

Share/Bookmark

Paranoid Conspiracy Theory

This is my latest one.

I am not sure that this title will stay as is. The more I listen to it, the more I think my muse was drunk when she hinted to me its name.

This is GPO and a couple of other libraries.

Here is the newest version ( I added some Pizz at the beginning and removed some horns later in the piece and added some more percussion)

http://www.box.net/shared/4polnp5ro5

Does the title fit? (edit:Steve says keep the title so I shall)

All comments and insults are appreciated

Thanks

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: Paranoid Conspiracy Theory

Ron:
    Don't you dare change the name--it's perfect. I couldn't help but think of all of the little maniacal twists and turns that a "Paranoid Conspiracy" is possible of conjuring up.
    The piece itself, as usual is an other artistic triumph. It flows so smoothly and easily from one measure to the next, sometimes surprising us along the way but after we hear it, it's obvious that it was the right thing to do. I like the small battle between major and minor cadences but at the end, no 3rd in the chord. Brilliant!(as in the Guiness commercial.)

Steve

Ron:

I would leave the title as is. I think it is a perfect description
    of the music as a whole.

The percussion adds a lot to this lyrical-flowing piece. Good
    contrast with other instruments while sustained tones are being
    introduced.

What equation was responsible for the creation of this piece?........lol

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Ron

This creates a very good mood of suspicion and uncertainty and things lurking half-seen, or maybe not there at all.

My only suggestion might be to replace some of the percussion in the first half with pizzicato by the cellos and basses. But I really like the percussion in the last part - this piece has a great ending.

Well done Ron. I was just getting relaxed with the Lucid Dream piece and now I am all spooked .

Herb

Steve

I had been wavering over the title, but not anymore.

You just have a way with words that makes me smile.

Thank you sir.

Jack

Lately I have been thinking about Newton's law of gravity...

F=Gravitational constant times mass 1 times mass 2 divided by the square of the distance.

Pity its not perfect because it is such a beautiful equation.

I don't know if any of that got into this one or not. I guess if a personality is split, gravity might affect each differently?

Herb

I had hoped that I was finished with this one but I now know that the horns in one part need to go and be replaced by only the winds. When you suggested Pizz earlier in the piece, I think I have to agree with that suggestion as well. MAybe after getting some lesson plans together for school and all of my homework done I can get to that sometime this week.

Thanks guys

Ron

This is pretty dark but at the same time uplifting in a weird way.

It borders on soundtrack for me but stands on it's own very well.

Overall a very good balance of the instruments.

Phil

Hey Ron,
    This is really good and quite cinematic. You really keep it going for a while and still keep it interesting. Definitely creates visuals. Great Job!

Eric

Phil

It seems like I have been doing a lot of Soundtrack type pieces lately. This is not my intent but I do agree with you.

For some reason I just have always thought that sound track composers are one step down the ladder from Symphonic Composers. I know that this is not true. I would love to be a new Williams or Elfman, but I still can't seem to shake my stupid little belief.

Eric

I assume by cinematic you mean sound track as well. I know that when I say cinematic, it means the same as sound track.
    Well if I must be a soundtrack composer, then I better call up George Lucas and tell him I will do his next movie now.

Pity. I was really hoping to get the call from the Orchestra director in Smalltown, KS. to do a new 3 minute piece for them instead of the new Lucas movie. I guess we can't be choosy.

Thanks guys

Ron

"Cinematic" is the new word for "Program Music." And if the latter was good enough for Debussy, Ravel, Grofé...

My eye was also caught by the title. Blame too many hours wasted at the James Randi Educational Forum and other woo-woo hunter boards. That said, it works; among other things, it seems to set up the mind to expect sudden turns, the revelation of that which was hidden, and so forth.

On my headphones the pizz is a little heavy. I wonder if in some places you might get the same accent with a pizz restricted to just violins (in an upper register, even).

I see what the other poster meant about hopeful; after a particularly dark passage (with heavy timp and lots of low horns) comes a lighter passage with what sounds like open harmonies in the woodwinds. There's a feeling of dawn, escape from the caverns, that sort of thing there.

(And if I was being really visual, the day that is conjured up is not sunny, but more like a cool and vaguley threatening overcast).

Oh. Do you know the Box player auto-loops when viewed on Firefox? Confused me for a bit there!

Nomuse ( Your not missing much. Mines drunk most of the time)

I agree that the pizz was way too loud, so i redid this one again. Since I was there I added more percussion and adjusted a few other minor things as well.

Sometimes Boxnet loops and other times it goes to the next piece in my box. I can't seem to find the way to control it.

Thanks

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast