• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The Sonar Stomp"

Share/Bookmark

"The Sonar Stomp"

Y'all All,

Here is some pickin' and grinnin' music that I just finished writin'.

This is my "The Sonar Stomp". The banjo (left channel) is from the Front Porch Banjo sample library. All of the other instruments (including the ten-string acoustic guitar in the right channel) are Garritan Jazz and Big Band.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Sonar Stomp"

Larry,
    Your music always cheers me up when I've had a "not so good" day. This was perfect - just what I needed. As always - great writing, scoring, mixing, and just a great piece. Thanks!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Great and never again I will say something bad about banjos. Just what I needed after a full day of "working on a new website". Only a pity that I cannot add links to your music, Larry...... (for now).

Raymond

This is really great stuff! Very cheering-up-ish and enjoyable - I'm on my third run through. The contrast in tone between the banjo and guitar adds a lot - it sounds very real.

Thanks for posting this.

Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Larry,
    Your music always cheers me up when I've had a "not so good" day. This was perfect - just what I needed. As always - great writing, scoring, mixing, and just a great piece. Thanks!
    You are velcome. I'm glad that I could cheer you up. Thanks for the kind compliments.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Great and never again I will say something bad about banjos. Just what I needed after a full day of "working on a new website". Only a pity that I cannot add links to your music, Larry...... (for now).

Raymond
    Thanks for listening, my Dutch friend.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Euler View Post
    This is really great stuff! Very cheering-up-ish and enjoyable - I'm on my third run through. The contrast in tone between the banjo and guitar adds a lot - it sounds very real.

Thanks for posting this.

Herb
    I don't believe that any of my music has ever been described as "very cheering-up-ish". Thanks for that, Mr. Herb, and thank you for having a listen.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mr Larry

One of the great things about GPO is that you can integrate it with many libraries. Some are easier than others, but it can still be done. I think that is one of my favorite things about Gary's libraries.

This seems a little outside the box for you, but then you don't stay in the box anyway.

Nice piece.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Mr Larry

One of the great things about GPO is that you can integrate it with many libraries. Some are easier than others, but it can still be done. I think that is one of my favorite things about Gary's libraries.

This seems a little outside the box for you, but then you don't stay in the box anyway.

Nice piece.

Ron
    Actually, I grew up as a "country" musician and had the pleasure of playing with some great "pickers" who couldn't read a note of music.

Thanks for your comments, Mr. Ron. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

An enjoyable piece Mr Larry. That banjo sounds darn good.

It's county banjo music with a latin twist or something like that.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast