• Register
  • Help

Topic: Large Hadron Collider

Large Hadron Collider

sponsored links

Well, in case some critics are correct and indeed we are about to witness the end of the world from this test tomorrow of the Collider I just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have contributed here at Northern Sounds.

10 Billion dollars spent, huh?

See ya on the other side of that huge black hole
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Re: Large Hadron Collider

I can CATEGORICALLY confirm that the LHC will not bring the end of the world tomorrow. In fact if you read it up (not in the tabloids) you will find that it will take at least two months to get up to speed and may take longer to get the particles colliding. With a bit of luck you'll still be here at Christmas so get your entry in for the Garritan Christmas Special.
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

I'm not sure if it will end the world tomorrow, but you never know, even if it appears that things went just fine, there could be unknown/unseen effects that take years to manifest, so I guess that it could be the beginning of the end...

Yes, thank you to everyone here!!

See you on the other side!!

Take Care,

Meh, it'll have been a good run. The Red Sox won the world series before it happened, so I'm happy.

But yeah, there's nowhere near enough energy spinning around to do damage.

Go Back to forum