• Register
  • Help

Topic: KS: Automatically alternating up and downbows

Share/Bookmark

KS: Automatically alternating up and downbows

Hi-

How do I do this? With either the VLNS 1 KS or BASSES KS instruments, when I use the "D" as a key switch, I get a detached sound (not pizz, more staccato, but definitely not alternating up and downbows).

Thanks-

-Susan

Re: KS: Automatically alternating up and downbows

Hi Jon-
    Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Are you wanting a more connected alternating bowing or, something else? If that's what you want, try adjusting the length control (CC21) to a higher value and see if that doesn't give you the affect you're looking for. The notes won't sustain, but you'll just need to use (for example) the C0 KS on any notes that need to be held.
    Yes, sorry for my bad explanation! I see now what the automatic alternation is for.

These are sustained notes, and I want to change from downbow to upbow in the middle. I'll try what you suggested next chance.

Thanks very much!

-Susan

Hi-

I'm still not getting this.

Is there a tutorial for articulations somewhere? I have a 5-octave MIDI keyboard (Yamaha Motif) and I'm trying to control the GPO Basses KS instrument in this case. Without an octave transposition (there's a switch on the Motif for this), the lowest note on the Motif is C1, Note #36, so I can't get to the KS notes.

I just need a kick-start here, I think! What do others do? I can either transpose the Motif down using the octave buttons or draw in the KS notes in PRV (I'm using SONAR).

Thanks-

-Susan

Susan,

I usually use a combination of both methods. First I use the transpose on the keyboard and do the basic keyswitches. If the part requires quick articulation changes, then I usually draw them in use the piano roll view.

Jim

Thanks, Jim-

I'm going to try experimenting with your suggestion tonight.

Appreciated!

-Susan

Susan,

If you are using the strings from the ensemble strings folder, the keyswitch instruments do not have the down bow or up bow or the automatic up or down bow as a choice. This feature is found on the solo strings KS only. To acheive the "up bow" effect on the ensemble strings you would have to press the sustain pedal, and then lift before the next note to get the down bow again.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Go Back to forum