• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Business gone / split.

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT - Business gone / split.

Some of you (if not many of you youts) know that I had partnered with a life long friend in opening a music store slash recording studio. Well, it's been one set back after another and I've decided to dissolve the partnership (which was a mutual understanding and no loss of monies on either part).

So, I stay in me own private atmosphere where I can continue to learn more about learning more. Sadly though, the Mac stays with the so called studio but DP comes with me. Back to square one and needing a Mac but I don't think I'll be needing one so tricked out as the studio. That dang thing cost over $4,000 and happily me partner decided he would pay for it and store it until the studio was finished.

Bottom line ... lack of funds on both of our parts but he owns the building and was footing the bill for renovations for the studio. I lost no money there! Actually, I lost no money at all. Any equipment I purchased to the studio comes with me unless he agrees to pay for it which I think he will. Not much there just some furniture, lighting, a couple of racks, two chairs, three turtle doves, four calling singers, and Danny Partridge poster in a pair geezzzzze!

Loggink out for a while darlinks .........

Styxx

Re: OT - Business gone / split.

Styxx,

Sorry to hear about the music store. This is a story we're hearing too often with many music stores having a hard time due to economic conditions. The recent NAMM reports don't paint a good picture for the industry.

So glad you can through with the shirt on your back (loosing no money) and your Danny Partrridge poster. Hope better opportunities open up to you.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Some of you (if not many of you youts) know that I had partnered with a life long friend in opening a music store slash recording studio. Well, it's been one set back after another and I've decided to dissolve the partnership (which was a mutual understanding and no loss of monies on either part).

So, I stay in me own private atmosphere where I can continue to learn more about learning more. Sadly though, the Mac stays with the so called studio but DP comes with me. Back to square one and needing a Mac but I don't think I'll be needing one so tricked out as the studio. That dang thing cost over $4,000 and happily me partner decided he would pay for it and store it until the studio was finished.

Bottom line ... lack of funds on both of our parts but he owns the building and was footing the bill for renovations for the studio. I lost no money there! Actually, I lost no money at all. Any equipment I purchased to the studio comes with me unless he agrees to pay for it which I think he will. Not much there just some furniture, lighting, a couple of racks, two chairs, three turtle doves, four calling singers, and Danny Partridge poster in a pair geezzzzze!

Loggink out for a while darlinks .........

Hmm, gave the wrong impression (need pizza!). The store did not go out of business or close or taken away by a twister to OZ. I just opted out for reasons of sanity or insanity.

Thanks Gary and I'm sending you the poster of Danny Partridge.

Now for lunch. A slice a hunk a pizza and ice tea with out sugar, plenty of lemon, and a few of those squiggly things in the tank over there against the wall. Whatchamacallem?

Yeeesh! Never mind.
    Styxx

Styxx...
    You were being told to simplify. Heed the advice.

Snor.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    a few of those squiggly things in the tank over there against the wall. Whatchamacallem?

Yeeesh! Never mind.
    Scungilli...YUM!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum