• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP with editor urgent

HELP with editor urgent

I was creating a new instrument, like I always do, but suddenly the giga editor is not automatically assigning the waves to the correct regions. I have specified guess from filename \"....60.wav\" and have the overide internal setting checked, but the editor just assigns the first sample to all the regions. I have done this many times before, but suddenly no dice. Any ideas?

Re: HELP with editor urgent

Any chance that just one of your samples might be either not stereo or not mono?

The only time I see this is when I think I\'m assigning all stereo or all mono samples, and one of them is the opposite. The editor just won\'t cope with both sexes.

Try un-checking the override internal setting and see if that helps. I do not have that checked in my preferences in the edit menu.

I think Chadwick may have nailed it.

i\'ve found this to be an issue that catches me off guard.

Really...I am an Idiot

Also, make sure that adjust unity note is set to \"0\" half steps.

Thanks for the help! I figured it out. The editor does not like short names. They need to be 7 characters long. (or maybe 6, but NOT 5)

very very werid.

report that to the guys at Nemesys/Tascam?

If so its prolly worth mentioning..

good catch!

Really...I am an Idiot

I am surprised that you have been able to use names with anything more than just the note name (for example: A#4). I have never been able to get the wizard to accept anything more complicated without assigning all samples to one region.

This was reported 1999, and I was not the only one with those problems...

Check out the subject in 1999:

I wonder what the criteria is for the wizard to accept a note name and do the job?

[This message has been edited by Hans Adamson (edited 02-16-2002).]

Could you give us an example of a name which the wizard won\'t map? It\'d be a little easier to chase down that way.

Go Back to forum