• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting up Stylus in Logic Pro 8

Share/Bookmark

Setting up Stylus in Logic Pro 8

Hi There Everyone,

I have been a little confused about how to set up Stylus RMX properly in Logic 8. The tutorial videos are for Logic 7 and Logic 8 does some things differently from the videos, especially when it comes to creating a master track for rmx in logic like they do in the video. Can someone explain to me how you do that in Logic 8?

Mucho thanks. Jeramy
    MacPro 2.8, 8 Core, OSX 10.5.7, 6GB ram, Logic 8.02, Apogee Duet, Motu Fastlane, Yamaha P120 Keyboard Controller

Re: Setting up Stylus in Logic Pro 8

Hi..Load RMX as a multi instrument...In the I/O options not as in creating a track..I'll start again..Create a software inst track..Then insert RMX as a multi..Click X to open the mixer..At bottom rite of the RMX channel you will see a + sign..Each time you click it it will create an aux channel..in the mixer that is...They should have no lines between them so you can easily ascertain they are from the same source...Before doing this you may want to load a multi into RMX and assign the output for each track A==B==C,,etc

Now when you create each additional aux track by clicking the + button..A new output will be created and also in an ascending way..Or rather the next aux or first aux will output B...And so it goes..The original RMX track is the same as in the video..

OK here is a tip that is worth considering...After you create a track in Logic..Before you create the outputs in RMX..Find the multi in RMX before you assign the outs and adjust the level of the output in RMX if it is red lining Logic...The reason for doing this is it simplifies the process of overload in Logic....In otherwords if the over all level from RMX going into ONE channel of Logic is attenuated so no peaking is happening..It makes it easier once you seperate the outputs..I'm sure I'm not making much sense to you but once you do it you will see the benefits,..

One of the most annoying features of Logic for myself is the inability to set a peak hold so the peaks dissapear on thier own without having to click each one...

Output A from RMX is all that the master slider in RMX will attenuate once you do the seperate outs thing..I have no idea if this helped..I hope so..JON

Thanks for the response Jon. I'm not sure if it helps until later when I am in my studio and try this out. Standby as I will let you know. Jeramy
    MacPro 2.8, 8 Core, OSX 10.5.7, 6GB ram, Logic 8.02, Apogee Duet, Motu Fastlane, Yamaha P120 Keyboard Controller

Hi,...Cool Jeramy..I hope it works so good you get so involved in music the last thing on your mind is responding..Honestly..JON

All the best.

Hi Jon,

Hey the info you gave me was perfect. Thank you, and I appreciate the encouragement. I do have another related question however. Under what conditions would you choose to use the rmx stereo plugin instead of the multi?

Hi Jeramy..Glad it worked out for you..Basically the stereo out,for myself is a way to audition multis easier..Being able to set the output of RMX using one slider is a needed affair for me..Some of the patches are just way to hot without my first attenuating them down before auditioning..I also use the stereo out a lot in Live..This way I can just record audio bits and trigger them in Live or mess with them in a bit quicker way...In Logic I use it as a multi but do not create the added aux tracks til I settle in a bit as to the multi I wish to work with or create..Again I just find this way easier for myself...Then I can go about creating the aux.s I want for individual processing..

I hope that makes sense...And thank you for your reponse..I don't think I mentioned it and you might be well aware of this but here you go.. http://www.logicprohelp.com/ ..A great site to join..In your signature specify all your gear and OS etc..That makes it easier for others to help...

Last but not least here are some great vid.s from David Earl aka SFLogicninja... http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SFLogicNinja ...He has one on RMX and Logic...Now I have to decide wether tis best to purchase Omnisphere and live on rice and beans for a while or be frugal...Oh well I guess it will just have to be beans and rice...LOL...JON

Hi Jon, Thank you for sharing so much great intel with me. I already am member of logicprohelp btw. Great site. I am also aware of sflogic ninja as he is in my back yard, but I did not know he had an rmx/logic vid. I will definitely check that out.

Also btw, I ordered Omnisphere last month from Sweetwater and was notified today that it shipped. Twice a year Sweetwater has a special deal for anyone who already has, or who wants a sweetwater charge card. You can buy stuff
    with no interest and no payments for 12 months. Of course in 12 months I pay off everything so I get it now, make a montly payment I can afford, all interest free. It's a cool deal.

Peace. Jeramy

Hi Jeramy...I ordered the Omni. about an hour after posting last...I can't believe that Sir Eric is as giving as he is..I have Atmo as well as RMX obviously..But the discount for having Atmo on an intel is just delightful..

I am also excited about one of my other fave developers new offering.. Alchemy..I love Cameleon5000 so can't wait for the new softsynth... http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php ...Check out the sound examples...

Got to go..Have to search the web for great Rice&Beans recipes..LOL...JON

Go Back to forum