• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Studio Pictures

Studio Pictures

A long time ago we had a thread for pictures of our studios. At the time mine was in complete disarray, and I would have been ashamed to join in, but now I thought it was time to have another such thread. So here are my snaps....

The main desk, complete with UF8 Keyboard and M-audio monitors

Side desk, with the monitors for my VSL slaves.

Best view I could get of both together.

Some of the nerdy toys that sit on the desk

Some of the others

And more

Lenticular posters of films with my favourite soundtracks - oh, and the theremin

My new binary clock

Complete view of the bookcases on the rear wall

Re: Studio Pictures

Nice pictures. Never seen that block with three pedals. Brand...etc. I have only one, the Roland pedal (continuous pedalling possible, it is not a switch, though it can be set as a switch). This ugly pedal is slipping away all the time, don't know how to solve that. But back to my question, that three.. thingie, the brand?

Hi Raymond,
    it's the CME PPG-3 pedal. I can't necessarily vouch for it's quality, since I've barely used it yet, but I have checked that it's sending the right MIDI messages. THe right pedal is continuous, when used over USB, and the other two are switches.

If you decide you want one, do look through the threads here for advice on how to update the firmware and how to program the pedal - it's very easy, and works exactly as it should, but it is hard to find the information to start with.

And there's no chance of this one slipping away, unless you place it on a surface covered in oil. It's solid, heavy and has a bottom that gives a lot of friction.

Dallas, Texas

Hi Pingu,

Organized mind, organized desk, organized surroundings. I like it. Congratulations.

Now you have no excuses to not compose.

best to you, tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Thanks. Will have a further look at it.

Very nice! Far too clean though. I love complete disarray!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Very nice. You might have inspired me to clean up my studio and post some pictures.

But how long is it going to look like this? My studio looks like that - for about 2 days out of every 5 years.

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by klassical View Post
    Very nice. You might have inspired me to clean up my studio and post some pictures.

But how long is it going to look like this? My studio looks like that - for about 2 days out of every 5 years.

- k
    I'll second that (both statements!) I'd be embarrased to post pix right now, but maybe this will help get me motivated! Great looking studio, Pingu, I'm thoroughly envious!!

Listen at: www.soundclick.com/kepeaceusa
    Scores at: http://stores.lulu.com/ke_peace

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Studio Pictures

Nice Studio David! ... and nice toys, i love those tiny drums, maybe Gary will sample them.

Where did you get the foam with the triangle or pyramid shapes? I used to have a source for studio foam bookmarked, but i lost it.

Great-looking studio and very, very tidy. I like to see a
    neat and clean studio because in our business which is
    electronic instruments and equipment, DUST and SMOKE
    are our two worst enemies.........

Congratulations. Really great.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum