• Register
  • Help

Topic: SNORCHAT is ON despite illness

Share/Bookmark

SNORCHAT is ON despite illness

Friends...

Mere surgery will not deter your summer replacement chatmeister from performing his duties today.

SNORCHAT will occur today at the usual time:

4pm (1600 hrs) in Indianapolis and New York
    3pm in Chicago (1500 hrs)
    1pm Garritan time on Orcas (1300 hrs)
    I don't know or care what time in California
    8pm GMT (2000 GMT)
    9pm UK Monaghan Time (2100 hrs)

Please participate in today's SNORCHAT along with the millions and millions of users worldwide who eagerly await this impactful event.

Our forum admins have agreed to open chatrooms SNORCHAT1 through SNORCHAT45 for today's chat-a-thon.

Snorlax will not let a little surgery stand in the way of serving his numerous fans...put all other labors and responsibilities aside and make chat history with Snor and the chat brigade. Consider this a personal invitation from your favorite summer replacememt chatmeister.

PS: etLux, please bring enough chicken for everyone, and I can't be an escalator with this )(*&^*(&^ cast on.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: SNORCHAT is ON despite illness

Do you have something against Californians?
    Or... is it just that there are more blonds than everywhere else?
    Or... is it that they chat anyway, all day long, in spite of this chattanooga.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Do you have something against Californians?
    Or... is it just that there are more blonds than everywhere else?
    Or... is it that they chat anyway, all day long, in spite of this chattanooga.

Raymond
    Raymond,
    Someone finally noticed my postings about California. Thank you!
    *California reminds me of a big "tipplezone" (not that I ever visited a tippelzone when I lived in the Netherlands)...
    *It's going to break off and fall in the water anyway
    *It's full of Californians.

Actually, the true reason for my dislike of California lies deep in the history of American sport. A famous baseball team in my part of New York (Brooklyn, note resemblance to Breukelen) moved to Los Angeles, California, with very little advance warning. Millions of baseball fans, myself included, hate California for stealling our beloved baseball team, the Brooklyn Dodgers. This happened after the 1957 baseball season. Though I was only five years old at the time, it burned a hole in my baseball soul that has never healed. The mental trauma of that eleventh-hour departure has left a mark on me that years of intense psychoanalysis could not fix. This explains in part why I have become the unstable Snorlax that I am today. It is all California's fault

(Also--I lived for a long time in a part of NY called Flushing...note resemblance to Vlissingen! New York has a lot of Dutch influence, as you probably know!)

Is honkbal popular where you are?

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    SNORCHAT will occur today at the usual time:

4pm (1600 hrs) in Indianapolis and New York
    3pm in Chicago (1500 hrs)
    1pm Garritan time on Orcas (1300 hrs)
    I don't know or care what time in California
    8pm GMT (2000 GMT)
    9pm UK Monaghan Time (2100 hrs)
    Heyyyyyyyy....

You didn't include Hawaii time!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Yeah Jim, I remember that move also. I'm from Yonkers, N.Y. and
    I was really disappointed by the move west. I've been in California
    for quite a while now and have been a guest in Dodger Stadium when
    they played at home, but it's not like the feeling one got in New York.

Those Brooklyn "Bums" were da best..........

But ya gotta remember, it was business not a true California steal.
    It just looked that way.......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Daniel...
    point well taken!
    What would be the equivalent time in Hawaii??
    2000 GMT=what in Hawaii?
    If I know for sure, I will list it in time for next week's mammoth SNORCHAT!

Thanks!
    Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Jack,
    Of course you are correct, but in this case I won't let the facts get in the way of a good story ...or in the way of a story, good or not.
    I know I went to at least one game in Ebbets Field, but I would have been 5 years old, so I have no memories of it.

I also went to a lot of Met games in 62 and 63 when they played in the Polo Grounds...

I could walk from my apartment building to Shea Stadium in Flushing...a family friend had a box that they never used, so I got to a lot of early Met games in the summers of 64 and 65.

Jim

Ebbets Field...the world's second most famous baseball stadium
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    ....Is honkbal popular where you are?Snor
    Not as popular as soccer (voetbal). And about Vlissingen, I am flushing that down the ..... We even have a small village called America. Between you and me, the States after all is a colony of the Netherlands, nobody knows this and we don't advertize with it for obvious reasons.

Raymond

Go Back to forum