• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Movie Music Challenge #4

Share/Bookmark

Movie Music Challenge #4

As for preceding challenges, you are being asked to supply 3 to 4 minutes of music to a demo reel for this upcoming film.

Title: Terrorism by Storm
    [Voiceover]
    It wasn’t the fact that within a little less than 24 hours, Platform 32 would be ground zero for the eye of Hurricane Gary that bothered Roger Fram. But this time . . . something was different.
    It wasn’t the fact that he was sole occupant of a 2.1 acre offshore ghost town that bothered him. It would take a lot more than that to faze a veteran offshore manager like Fram safely hunkered down in the Temporary Safety Refuge of the evacuated platform. But this time . . . something was different.
    What bothered Fram was the trickle of unmistakable signs that he was not at all alone on the platform. He would soon come to learn that his most frightening suspicions were correct as terrorist forces covertly breeched the platform intent on bringing it down – all under guise of Mother Nature.
    In the end, it would take all Roger Fram had left to let the world know the true story of what happened on Platform 32.
    ---------------------
    TITLE: “Terrorism by Storm”
    Tagline: “Takedown in the Gulf”
    Synopsis: It was hot in the TSR (Temporary Safety Refuge) and it was about to get even hotter as a terrorist group breeches the P-32 oil drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico, intent on sinking the platform under the guise of a natural disaster, Hurricane Gary.
    Using a raft, so as to minimize detection, the terrorists would board the platform in the darkness of the new moon. With engineering precision, they executed their plan which was several years in the making. Once three of the four structural supports of the platform were sufficiently weakened, it was only a matter of time before P-32 would fold in the face of the category 4 winds of Gary.
    The World would initially attribute the disaster to Hurricane Gary, but then clues left by Roger Fram would create sufficient doubt to launch an investigation and the truth ultimately surfaces.

I hope you have some fun with this challenge. And now for the rules:

1) Your entry should have substantially been created using Garritan libraries (GPO, JABB, Strad, Gofriller, Marching Band, etc. if there are etc’s).

2) You may enter as many times as you'd like, as long as each entry is substantially different.

3) The winner is chosen after the entries have been posted anonymously on the NSS forum, and the forum members have voted for their favorite in a poll. How the forum members judge which is their favorite is totally up to them.

4) The winner of the Challenge wins nothing, except the acclaim of the forum, and the honor of setting the next Challenge.

5) The Challenge Setter may enter his or her own Challenge. (Please read, yes, he or she may enter their own contest. Why not, everyone has all the same info.)

Deadline: November 30

Send your MP3 files to wfrayer@centurytel.net

This challenge looks to be another fun and exciting event. Thank you to Kenneth Weissman for this exciting story to compose a score - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    Last edited by wrayer; 10-30-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: New deadline
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Movie Music Challenge #4

Just a bump - the deadline is November 9. I suspect that many of you would like to see an extension. Please let me know if that is the case.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

An extension would be excellent. The music pertinent to my majors has taken up most of my time, and rightly so, haha, but that doesn't leave a lot of extra time to fire up the studio and work on some fun projects. If everyone else is ready, I can cope with the Nov. 9 deadline, but an extension would really be great.

Tyler

Ok, let's push the due date to November 30th. If you are done before that date, you can obviously send them earlier.

Best of luck to all on this 4th adventure into Movie Composing.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Your entries are due in 8 days. This is an exciting challenge, don't miss the fun!

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Your entries are due in 7 days. This is an exciting challenge, don't miss the fun!

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Your entries are due in 6 days. This is an exciting challenge, don't miss the fun!

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Your entries are due in 5 days. This is an exciting challenge, don't miss the fun!

Ask now if you need an extension.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

OK - I have only 2 entrants. I would like a few more. I guess I am beating a dead horse here.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Well, I have heard from a forum member who would like to extend this past the holidays. Would a January deadline be more desirable for this community? Please respond if you want to entry but during this busy holiday season with the economy not helping, would a later deadline give you more of an opportunity to have a piece ready?

Thanks,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum