• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere first impressions here....

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere first impressions here....

Well people its here. So give your first impressions..
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Omnisphere first impressions here....

Very nice box
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

i might be a bit biased so take my words with a grain of salt.
    i had the privilege of using this wonderful piece of software for the last 4 month in betatesting and let me tell you this motha is a real game changer.
    Its absolutely groundbreaking both in terms of soundquality and ease of use.
    Eric pretty much realized his personal vision of a dreamsynth and he actually outdid himself IMHO.
    Everything in this synth is oozing with class. The corelibrary, the userinterface, the effects, the modulation matrix etc. So much thought has been put into even the smallest of details-its mindblowing.
    I clearly remember when RMX came out and like after a couple of weeks of using it i could not remember how i was able to cope before i got it.
    With Omnisphere i have the exact same feeling.
    My autoloadsong is pretty much dominated these days with Spectrasonics products and i cant imagine starting a song without reaching for a beat in RMX and a cool patch in Omnisphere to get the creative juices flowing.

can you see that im totally addicted to Omni?

What are the specs of your machine? Have you experienced any CPU hits at all?

This thing is awesome! I haven't even scratched the surface yet. You will be hearing these sounds all over film and tv scores.

JL

I have a dual 1.8 ppc Mac and I'm wondering if Omni will run with this setup.

I am running an 8 core 2,8 Ghz with 10 GB of ram.
    I can run full arrangements made entirely with Omnisphere and RMX and still have plenty of headroom for additional plugs if there only was any need for them.....

Seriously the only other plugs that get any love lately are Kontakt and VSL.
    With those 4 im pretty much covered.
    for now.........

Hans

Smile Re: Omnisphere first impressions here....

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    I am running an 8 core 2,8 Ghz with 10 GB of ram.
    I can run full arrangements made entirely with Omnisphere and RMX and still have plenty of headroom for additional plugs if there only was any need for them.....
    I would hope so with that setup

Here are a couple patch tests I did. Note: patch tests, not musical compositions in any way. I finished installing my copy ca. 5 PM PST yesterday and some people asked for patch tests on another forum.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6898325

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6899313

Some quick first impressions - I almost don't know what to say it's sooooooo, hmmmmmm - one of a kind is all I can think of. The interface looks cleaner and simpler yet waaaaaay deeper at the same time. You'll be inventing more new patches of your own than ever before. It also sounds really balanced, not over hyped. The older material (SOV etc...) sounds very smooth and more playable than they were as just sample playback patches if that makes sense. The other thing is that while there a many sounds you've never heard, they aren't so over the top or complex that you can't use them everywhere. My only thing with the original Atmosphere was that some sounds were so distinct it was hard to make them your own. Omnisphere can sounds complex, deep and original but not as overwhelming as some of the older stuff. I guess it's because Distorted Reality etc... were mostly sample playback limited by the hardware's processing. What Omnisphere does is make the material timeless by all it's synth processing. Also it's just a little thing, but I'm very happy that (with the vastness of patches) your mighty mouse will scroll up and down anywhere in the patch list - not just the little sidebar. I've only listened to less than 100 sounds, but am VERY psyched.

Go Back to forum