• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie for composing

Share/Bookmark

Newbie for composing

Okay, I'm a newbie to composing ( I can notate and read a little), and I have pretty much a zero budget.

Can anyone suggest any nice freeware programs for making music? Decent free orchestra samples and so forth.

Be gentle.

Score lover,
    Justin
    Using: FL Studio 8, on Windows.
    "A Chrsitmas Story":
    "Randy lie there like a slug; it was his only defense..."
    Listen to my music

Re: Newbie for composing

If you've got nothing at all, there is a magazine called "Computer Music" published in UK but available over the pond that gives away each month on its DVD a complete studio, frequently updated.

There are also samples but you may need to wait a few months before you get what you need. However once you've got a set up working there are plenty of samples out there.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by tharpdevenport View Post
    Okay, I'm a newbie to composing ( I can notate and read a little), and I have pretty much a zero budget.

Can anyone suggest any nice freeware programs for making music? Decent free orchestra samples and so forth.

Be gentle.

Score lover,
    Justin
    Just like what buckshead said. Get the latest issue that has Orchestral Manuevers. If you can swing it financially, it's worth getting an annual subscription.

Anyone willing to part with their copy?

Does it also have a notation program?
    Using: FL Studio 8, on Windows.
    "A Chrsitmas Story":
    "Randy lie there like a slug; it was his only defense..."
    Listen to my music

Go Back to forum