• Register
  • Help

Topic: Alpha Track?

Share/Bookmark

Alpha Track?

Anyone using a Frontier "Alpha Track" DAW control unit? If so, your experiences please. I'm thinking of one for my home studio.

Thank you.
    Styxx

Re: Alpha Track?

I use one with Cubase. Its very good with plugins, and there are presets for Sonar if youre using that.

The fader is good ( a bit noisy but all the automated ones are)

The ribbon controller is ok for going to markers, but not great otherwise. if you dont need the fader or have other options for that - I'd get the Tranzport instead, as its got a very good jog wheel and its cordless.

Build quality is maybe not as good as the presonus one, but the LED screen is a plus. I mean for example the transport buttons make a loud, hollow click sound when you use them.

Ive used mine for 6 months and have only used half the functions probably.Then again Ive probably only used a 3rd of Cubase 4! Seems to be still very good value for money, and probably the best one-fader hardware controller. (Although, I havent tried the new Steinberg thingo.)

Thanks Gregory.

The new Steinberg thingo? I suppose one could Google and inspect, right?

As for the Tranzport vs Alpha Track, that's been a struggle for me as far as making a decision on which. You do point out very usefully the pros and cons thus making my decision less tiresome.

Thanks again. I guess best for me to do is take a trip to Guitar Center and inspect for myself.
    Styxx

heres a link to steinbergs new contoller:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSQ4iIX0rU

Its mainly for use with Cubase, though you could possibly use it on other sequencers.

I read up on the Steinberg the way it sounds it is mainly for Cubase which I have but after using Samplitude, Cubase is sitting idle.
    I think I'll try the Alpha track. I found it for $179. That's a good savings so why not?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum