• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I just installed Omnisphere- QUESTION for Eric

Share/Bookmark

I just installed Omnisphere- QUESTION for Eric

Maybe I did not install something correctly because I cannot find any original Atmosphere sounds in Omnisphere. Also, is there a complete list of every patch that I could see somewhere? The reason I ask is, for example, I notice in the STEAM 42 gig library there is a file called Human Voices that is 2.74 gigabytes. On the directory when I select Human Voices only 7 patches come up. I know these 7 patches cannot be 2.74 gigabytes. I know I must be doing something wrong or something got installed wrong. A list of all patches (categorized) would be great. I just want to make sure every patch that is supposed to be there is there. I installed the update, BTW.

Thanks Eric!!!

Sean

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: I just installed Omnisphere- QUESTION for Eric

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    Maybe I did not install something correctly because I cannot find any original Atmosphere sounds in Omnisphere.
    It's the difference between the Patch and Soundsource libraries. They are two different things.

The Patch library is currently about 1000 new Omnisphere patches. But there are over 2700 soundsources!

The Atmosphere Soundsources are already included, but we're putting the finishing touches on the Atmosphere patches right now.

They'll be available Patch Library version 1.02, which we should posted early next week.

Also, is there a complete list of every patch that I could see somewhere? The reason I ask is, for example, I notice in the STEAM 42 gig library there is a file called Human Voices that is 2.74 gigabytes. On the directory when I select Human Voices only 7 patches come up. I know these 7 patches cannot be 2.74 gigabytes. I know I must be doing something wrong or something got installed wrong. A list of all patches (categorized) would be great. I just want to make sure every patch that is supposed to be there is there. I installed the update, BTW.
    Yes, that's correct.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of amazing soundsources in the core library that aren't necessarily used in Patches yet. Human Voices is a great example of that. We've just started scratching the surface of those soundsources in the core library. There's A LOT more stuff in the raw Soundsources!

So don't miss the Soundsource browser! :-)

spectrum

Thanks, Eric! I will look forward to the Atmosphere update next week.

Another question- Will there eventually be an update that will categorize sounds from all your old libraries? For example, if I just want to pull up all patches related to SOV, or Distorted Reality, etc.

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Sean - not received my copy just yet, but is there some sort of soundsource browser - Eric seemed to refer to one in his post - that you could use to find a list of all the sources which should in theory be grouped together e.g. vocals etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    Thanks, Eric! I will look forward to the Atmosphere update next week.

Another question- Will there eventually be an update that will categorize sounds from all your old libraries? For example, if I just want to pull up all patches related to SOV, or Distorted Reality, etc.

Thanks!
    You can already do that.

Just type in the name of the library in the search field of the Soundsource browser. :-)

I'm not sure I follow, I typed in " Distorted Reality" and no results showed up. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong can you elaborate?

Also will these tutorials that come out explain how to use Midi Learn and cc's correctly? I've tried to enable a midi learn and then move a knob on my controller,but nothing happens..

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    I'm not sure I follow, I typed in " Distorted Reality" and no results showed up. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong can you elaborate?
    Maybe you are not in the Soundsource Browser?

Omnisphere has three Browsers:

Multi Browser
    Patch Browser
    Soundsource Browser

The Soundsource Browser has the most material right now. Over 2700 soundsources!

Also will these tutorials that come out explain how to use Midi Learn and cc's correctly? I've tried to enable a midi learn and then move a knob on my controller,but nothing happens..
    Yes. But it's quite easy...I can just explain now:

1. Right Click the parameter you want to learn
    2. Select MIDI CC Learn
    3. Move the controller

That's it! :-)

Ah.. Thank you so much Solved now..

This is such a beautiful instrument btw.. I can't compare this to anything, I honestly appreciate it. A friend heard a demo from me and immediately realized this is something thats about to change music,he is now ordering via sweetwater Again thanks for your effort..

Hi Eric,

I just watched video # 6 from the website and saw you load in a patch called "Dream Piano". I do not have this patch. I have a Dream Tack Piano". I still want to make sure I installed everything OK because I noticed a few other patches in some of those videos that I cannot find. Is the "Directory" on the patch browser supposed to have only 2 choices "All" & Omnisphere Libary"? I still wish there was a patch list somewhere.

Great job, by the way!!!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Dream Piano is a Soundsource, not a patch.

It's used in many of the piano patches.

Try the Soundsource Browser. :-)

Go Back to forum