• Register
  • Help

Topic: Package Love

Share/Bookmark

Package Love

Hi Gang,

Haven't been hanging around here often, but do the occasional visit now and then... Forgive me if somebody has already done a thread like this.

For years my brother-in-law collected toys, many of which are in a special room in his basement, sealed in their original packaging... I understand the whole collector thing, they want to keep the toy in its absolute original condition with all the cool wrapping...

I never had a feeling like this with a music product until this morning when I decided to open my Garritan Steinway which arrived yesterday in the mail. I mean WOW, what a package! The heavy bound book concept is soooo cool carrying an incredible weight of authority and the feeling that years of great knowledge lie deep within... But I can't get the wrapper off. I just want it to stay perfect and at least show a few other musician friends before I crack the plastic.

E.

Re: Package Love

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix View Post

I never had a feeling like this with a music product until this morning when I decided to open my Garritan Steinway which arrived yesterday in the mail. I mean WOW, what a package! The heavy bound book concept is soooo cool carrying an incredible weight of authority and the feeling that years of great knowledge lie deep within... But I can't get the wrapper off. I just want it to stay perfect and at least show a few other musician friends before I crack the plastic.

E.
    I have the same problem. In the name of conserving space I have managed to almost completely overcome sentiment. My CDs, stripped of all packaging, have all gone into wallets, reducing about 20 metres of jewel-cases to 4 feet of wallets. Similarly, when I get a sample library it goes straight into a wallet, the manual onto a bookshelf, and the huge box in the bin (after using a CD marker to transfer any license numbers directly onto the DVDs).

But I couldn't do it with GOS or the Steinway. Both of them live in their original packaging on my shelves. I don't even currently use GOS - and probably never will again, with the recent developments for Giga - but I can't bring myself to separate the discs from their packaging. It's too classy.
    David

Go Back to forum