• Help
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere - Long Load Time

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere - Long Load Time in windows xp

Hi,

Just installed omnisphere on my pc.
    winxp pro, 4gb ram, quad-core 2.4 ghz, nuendo3
    Omnisphere instantiation takes about 4 minutes which seems like an incredibly long load time for a plugin. Is this normal and if not does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks
    Last edited by method1; 09-21-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: To get more focus on the problem

Re: Omnisphere - Long Load Time

on my macpro it takes a couple of seconds to open the GUI.
    Loading time for patches depends on their size but even the real big ones load under 10 seconds.

best
    Hans

loading patches isn't the problem, it's the actual vst load time, ie when i open the fist instance of omnisphere, takes about 4 minutes to load. after that changing patches is fine. It's very off-putting waiting so long for an instrument to load....

no doubt-but it doesnt seem normal.
    Have you tried to contact the Spectrasonics hotline?

Hans

My Pc Quad q6600 XP64 8GB'S RAM in Cubase 4 also takes awhile to load the Omnisphere GUI, about 20 seconds.This Pc is normally blazing fast with even huge Multi's with K3 stuff..I was wondering the same thing,it seems like the Mac Pro users are loading them much faster.

I thought 20 seconds was long, but 4 minutes is a very long time to wait.I have all of the recommended tweaks from spectrasonics website for xp,but still I agree the Gui should be much faster especially when loading a 2nd,or 3rd instance..My wait times for 2,or 3 instances is still slow at 20 seconds per instance..

There's gotta be something more to this,that will help speed it up.. I hope I don't have to buy a Mac to get a decent workflow.

Btw fwiw I have contacted Spectrasonics offline via email,waiting to hear from them.

hehe..8gb ram in xp! that's complete overkill.
    guess i better contact spectrasonics. all my other plugins work fine and load very fast, it's just omnisphere thats so slow.

i'm dreading having to do a reinstall!

Hans can I expect good performance on a Mac Pro Quad with 2 Gig of memory?

Complete overkill? How so? I use it.. Cubase 4 has a dedicated 4 gbs and XP uses the other 4gb.. = 8gb ,I hardly call that overkill.. This is how xp64 handles ram in x86 mode, while in 64bit mode I can access 128gb of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    Complete overkill? How so? I use it.. Cubase 4 has a dedicated 4 gbs and XP uses the other 4gb.. = 8gb ,I hardly call that overkill.. This is how xp64 handles ram in x86 mode, while in 64bit mode I can access 128gb of ram.

oops my mistake, i misread.. though you were using regular xp, not x64

so i mailed spectrasonics tech support, will wait to see what they suggest, i just hope it's not a full reinstall!

Omnisphere loads slow for me as well but not 4 minutes. More like 30 seconds. Stylus RMX also takes it's time but then so does VSL. I have so much stuff installed and my PC is showing it's age. I am not looking forward to redoing the whole mess. I have hundreds of gigabytes of libraries. Omnisphere took 4.5 hours to install. I could kill several days rebuilding a new system. Maybe I'll buy a harmonica...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum