• Register
  • Help

Topic: a question for worra

Share/Bookmark

a question for worra

dear worra;

is it allowed to sell some of my sampletekk libraries that i do not use? they are all very nice, but since i do not use all of them they're just getting dust on the hd.
    sorry to ask this here, but i could find no answer to this and would not like to "break the law".

thanks and best regards

oxy

Re: a question for worra

From a SampleTek license document (7CG):
    You are allowed to resell your personal license! It is transferrable.
    If you do this, however, you are no longer allowed to use the samples as described above.
    You must erase all samples from your hard disk, and destroy any backups you’ve made.
    The new owner can register the product by sending an e-mail to: register@sampletekk.com
    with his full name, date and place of puchase (in this case, YOU, the person he bought the
    product from), and the name of the SampleTekk product that he wants to register.

I think he made some of the better sounding Pianos for Gigsastudio. I am still using Black Grand although I have a few VSTi's I should have never bought.

Too bad 7CG doesn't have sos functions, as it's sound is perfect for classical and jazz. Black Grand is just a great all around sounding Piano for any ensemble, as it cuts through high and low.

Just pass it on to someone who might use it, but the thought of reducing your meger investment is what caused many developers and Gigastudio to become legacy products.

Well that's like living in a bad neighborhood and leaving your door open, ain't cool walking in, but it's bound to happen.
    JimmyV

Hi
    Completely agree , more four years I play Gs3 BlackGrand in gig .
    I can play with every kind of music with full pleasure.
    I tested many other's pianos , vsti etc . . . but Blackgrand ( Gs3 ) give me the best respond touch.
    (And I put it on "ssd" hard drive last week with succes . . . I win little more polyphony and fast - before it stay on raptor 74 )

Many thanks Worra

I have purchased a couple of VSTi's for Piano, and they sound good also. But I am not buying anymore Pianos, I have enough. If I could just get a VSTi to provide real performance features I would consider that a great leap forward.

I can have several Pianos loaded in GVI due to it's optimizations for SSE4. The VSTi's eat up CPU cycles too much to do that, and since there's no difference in sound quality between GVI and VSTi's, that's what I use live.

I have Black, Bosendorfer, Scarbee Rhodes & Wurlitzer, Vintaudio Uprights & C7, RMI, CP80, FM EPianos, and a D6 Clavinet just for a single live project. The VSTi's would choke my meger E8600 after just a few.

I have high hopes for Garritan's Steinway if they ever release the sostenuto " update ". I could eliminate the C7, Black, and Bosendorfer which would allow the SISS and VSL Strings to both be loaded. Right now it's the VSL as the choice. SISS has the Marcato and Pizz stuff nailed, but GVI already has quite a large load. It takes a while to load my live project, but once it's loaded I perform non stop.

The best thing about Giga is the libraries are cheaper than ever.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by Oxytoxine View Post
    dear worra;

is it allowed to sell some of my sampletekk libraries that i do not use? they are all very nice, but since i do not use all of them they're just getting dust on the hd.
    sorry to ask this here, but i could find no answer to this and would not like to "break the law".

thanks and best regards

oxy
    Hi Oxy.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes your allowed to transfer your license for SampleTekk products. The person wh buys them needs to register by sending us a mail sayin what product and who he/she bought it from
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum