• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere problem with ProTools

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere problem with ProTools

Just installed Omni on the latest Mac 8 core running 10.5.4 with 8 gigs of Ram with a ProTools HD 3 Accel system. (7.4.2)

When I audition sounds, eventually Omni stops playing the sounds until I hit 'Play' in ProTools then the auditioned sound plays very loud without me touching a key. After I hit 'stop' in PT then I am able to audition sounds normally for awhile. Eventually I have the same problem.

This happens with Kontakt 2 in PT sometimes as well, so I believe it has something to do with RTAS and your plug-ins SDK build?

Eric have you had these issues and is there a fix in the works? Hoping Omni doesn't have the same issues Kontakt 2 does with PT.

Thank you.

Re: Omnisphere problem with ProTools

Not sure, but that sounds like an RTAS issue.

You can ask tech support about that.

I had my sound drop out a couple times, but I gave it no interest, as I'm to busy listening to all the patches, and won't let this get in the way of a pleasurable experience. I just restarted the plugin and moved on. I'm using a PC with Vista. I'll pay more attention to what I was doing if it happens again.

I am having the same problem with the RTAS plugin in Protools HD. I have found that going into "Playback Settings" and changing the hardware buffer size also seems to reset omnisphere. It is a terrible pain though - I can only audition about 5 sounds or so and then it starts repeating the phrase i played, then clicks and drops out altogether until i reset the buffer size.

Just discovered that pressing play also resets it.

System specs are:

Mac G5 PPC dual 2.7 gHz
    2.5g Ram
    Protools HD1, version 7.4.2
    Mac OS-X 10.5.4

I notice both you guys are on 10.5.4. Is Pro Tools even qualified on that yet?

I am still on 10.4.9 as I am going to wait even longer until I am certain Tools is 100% stable with Leopard.

Granted I am only using PT 7.4 LE but I have not really had any issues yet with Omnisphere other than an error message that popped up but I have not seen it again. I have auditioned a lot of sounds and used a few tracking and not a hiccup.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

I just looked ..seems you are good with 7.4.2 and 10.5.4..... dunno and since one of you has an Intel and one a G5....it cannot be a PPC or Intel issue.

Not to be rude to PC users but when I saw all the problems some Windows users are having, I was hoping for once that us Mac guys would be exempt from problems.

I feel their pain. I had such issues with Atmosphere and also GPO and Sibelius which seemed to have issues with Mac early on while the PC guys were flying.

BTW have you guys done the usual repair permissions, trash prefs etc etc.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Quote Originally Posted by michael c View Post
    Just installed Omni on the latest Mac 8 core running 10.5.4 with 8 gigs of Ram with a ProTools HD 3 Accel system. (7.4.2)

When I audition sounds, eventually Omni stops playing the sounds until I hit 'Play' in ProTools then the auditioned sound plays very loud without me touching a key. After I hit 'stop' in PT then I am able to audition sounds normally for awhile. Eventually I have the same problem.

This happens with Kontakt 2 in PT sometimes as well, so I believe it has something to do with RTAS and your plug-ins SDK build?

Eric have you had these issues and is there a fix in the works? Hoping Omni doesn't have the same issues Kontakt 2 does with PT.

Thank you.
    Same thing here in PT on Leopard. Bad RTAS coding from Spectrasonics .
    Logic on same system does not have these problems

Denis

That's certainly possible. We're still looking into it though, so it's too early say what the problem is. Be sure to report the details to tech support, especially your playback engine settings.

- Glenn

I started another thread on this, but when I began installing Omnispere, it said it was installing a wrapper for RTAS, and was wondering if this is the same workaround that caused so many problems for people trying to use Atmosphere in Pro Tools.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    I started another thread on this, but when I began installing Omnispere, it said it was installing a wrapper for RTAS, and was wondering if this is the same workaround that caused so many problems for people trying to use Atmosphere in Pro Tools.

I think that was an Intel problem with Atmosphere and Trilogy because
    the UVI engine wasn't compat. I have used Atmosphere , Trilogy and Stylus RMX with Protools/Tiger for many years. Although they are by no means as efficient on RTAS as AU, I could still get a reasonable track count. Omnisphere on Protools/Leopard is different. I do also realise that my machine is probably minimum spec,even so the gap between Rtas and AU performance is huge. I do have to say thanks to Les in Tech Support
    for helping me with a few other problems, great stuff guys. I have posted my system config here

System Configuration
    Details:

cpu: PPC(G5 Dual 2.5) 10.5.5 4 gigs ram

HD3 96 io

Motu midi express

App: 7.4

Playback Engine: ADC on Short 1023; 2 DSP); 2 Processors enabled,H/W buffer 256; DAE buffer size1500; NEW: Disk Cache Size Large

Denis Woods

Go Back to forum