• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere search??

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere search??

Hi,

Hate to keep being the bearer of more bad news but is anyone else having trouble with the "search" in omnisphere. I typed in Dream piano and the search box gets a thin blue around it that pulsates and I let it run for an unusally long time and finally I had to clear the search with no results.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: Omnisphere search??

When browsing patches, type in a string that appears in patches, like "Piano" and press the return key. The browser will fill with matches for that string.

- Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Typed in piano and it's just spinning it's wheels. This is not what I expected. Over Hyped IMO. Hope it changes though. The sounds seem good but with all the glitches it's hard to get into it.

Thanks though,

Tony

No....there's definitely something's not right with what you are describing. Must be something weird happening within your system. Contact tech support and they can try and sort it out for you.

info@spectrasonics.net

Searching should be instant, just like in the video.

Maybe you're searching in the multi browser instead of the patch browser? If you're searching for patches, you should use the patch browser.

- Glenn

Search works fine here - sub-second response in all three browsers.

Eric - you mention search being shown in the video - are the videos up yet, I can't seem to find them?

Okay sorry to be retarded but I am looking on Omnisphere for the word Soundsource and I do not see it.I keep reading there are 3 browsers..Multi, Patch and Soundsource.

When I click on the little window with the patch name I get a browser window and the first on the left is Directory with dropdown.... All or Omnisphere Patches ( or sounds or something ) and then Attributes/File Directory....Autoload/Preview Load.....Search and then located under that...Category, Genre, Complexity, Author.

What am I missing? Is there somewhere that has the headings... Multi, Patch and Soundsource?

I can't wait for the Reference Guide and the tutorial video's...I'm the guy that really needs that.

Much better performance in Pro Tools noted so far Eric......lovely sounds, the few I got to play with.

Oh BTW...forgive me for being so slow to get it....I'm a guitar player.

Hello Lister,
    You almost got it, I had the same issue at first.. Okay the top of the Gui in the middle with the light blueish area, is your Multi browser, notice when you click there it will say Multi on the screen...

The middle part is your Patch browser, now notice the "Patch browser" words, and finally your sound source's are the two small folders near the bottom of the Gui , click in either one of these folders and you will see the sound source browser..

Kinda different approach thats all.. Hope this helps
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Eric,

To be honest I've written and called numerous time. Les Correa did get back to me but I wasn't home. He also emailed me but my dilema is this: I had 2 day Aired ordered Omnisphere cause I knew last week I was open Wed-Fri night. Now I'm working on 2 projects plus gigging and just don't have the time to waste if I can be so blunt. So I'll look for updates from time to time over the next couple of weeks and go from there. BTW, I'm a guitar player and although I have a lot of plug-ins and a ZTAR I'm not part of the "Computer Boom" generation so I'm not pointing any blame because with this stuff I just read and follow directions.

Thanks,

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    Hello Lister,
    You almost got it, I had the same issue at first.. Okay the top of the Gui in the middle with the light blueish area, is your Multi browser, notice when you click there it will say Multi on the screen...

The middle part is your Patch browser, now notice the "Patch browser" words, and finally your sound source's are the two small folders near the bottom of the Gui , click in either one of these folders and you will see the sound source browser..

Kinda different approach thats all.. Hope this helps
    Hi bobbybland,

I may be dense but I'm baffled also by the browser question. Could you post a screenshot of how you're changing the browser from multi to patch to sound source? I don't see 2 small folders anywhere. Thanks for your help.

Go Back to forum