• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clearing Soundsource layers in Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Clearing Soundsource layers in Omnisphere

First of all I have to say that Omnisphere is an absolutely revolutionary piece of kit. It's utterly inspiring and really does justify the hype. I've been playing with it for a day now, and have drenched my computer keyboard due to many hours of involuntary salivation.

Incidentally, I can't for the life of me figure out how to clear the Soundsource layers. Let's say both layer A and B are in use and I only want A, and would like to clear B so that it's '(empty)', how do I do this? Obviously I could just mute B, but assume that if I can figure out how to clear it, I'll free up a bit of CPU.

Anyway, amazing stuff Eric. Your hard work and dedication to perfection has paid off big time!

Re: Clearing Soundsource layers in Omnisphere

Hi..If you turn it off it won't use any CPU..It's in the reference manual somewere...JON

Ah, thanks for that Jon.

While you can turn off a soundsource layer and save cpu, it still eats ram. "Clear Multi" is not a usable workaround, as it wipes out everything. It's the same thing in multi mode - either clear the whole thing, mute the patch you don't want, or overwrite it.

This is an issue I hope gets addressed in the first update.

Hi..It doesn't eat much ram at all if you select a synth waveform...Nothing much at all is loaded...Just select a sine wave and that's that...JON

But there maybe something all of us are unaware of due to the manuals lack of any great detail..

You can however

On a mac that is,,cntrl/command...click....on the folder icon for layer B's soundsource..This will bring up the clear multi option..Once clicked the patch will revert to the default patch with the layer B being empty...Not a way of making the B layer empty while maintaining the A layer's settings..But it is only way I have found to start from scratch so far...Also keep in mind that the only things that will be no longer used in regard to CPU are the amount of CPU needed to process things like filters and modulations etc..In regards to the B layer..The FX are global in regards to being applied to layer A & B..So not much of a gain there..

Doing what I mentioned above will give you the default program however to start with..You must click the folder icon or it doesn't seem to work..JON

For what little help this may be..I don't know...LOL

That may be, but I find it irrelevant. I can clear a layer in Atmosphere and I can clear a channel in RMX just by selecting "default". We should be able to do the same thing in Omnisphere.

Hi I think I may have found it...If you click the soundscape area for a layer try this...Search for "empty" DO NOT LOAD Petroleum..just go back to the patch window..The layer should now say empty...JON

DUH It works sometimes and not others..Stil stumped here..Anybody found any other interesting stuff to try...LOL That works that is..

I Can't get it to work so dis regard the empty thing...

Go Back to forum