• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some video demos

Share/Bookmark

Some video demos

I have finally gotten half as good as my 17 year-old son at editing on "Myspace". I finally figured out how to post video recently and thought I'd post here as there's a decent amount of GPO throughout several pieces. Here is the link: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...1-3a1583c9c2d3

The first one on the page is a documentary I finished in 2006. GPO Stienway lite, and woodwinds. I also keep coming back to the GPO Bass drum for some of the low thumps and thuds. I have many libs but I still love these sounds.

I've been trying to post more of the documentary but sometimes,between here and the cyberspace compression techniques of myspace, it distorts the video in a weird way or makes it lean at like a 45 degree angle. Oh well. Every other piece that has piano on this page is the same GPO Stienway lite. I just really love it to this day. The Gladiator piece uses some GPO strings but I dont remember which ones now. They are mixed with hardware stuff there anyway.

The main profile page contains a few pieces that are the GPO Stienway also. Thanks.

Re: Some video demos

Eric

I watched the first video on Autism and was impressed.

Very well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Very impressive Eric.

Everything you have done seems to fit really well.

Great creative effort here and such a worthwhile project.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks Ron and Jack. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Eric,

Excellent work on creating the music to fit the video. It is an art for sure. Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Very well done presentation, Eric.

My compliments on a fine job with this!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Nice work Eric!
    Dan

Thanks Dave and Dan. It was a rushed project (Healing Autism) with 35 minutes of video and 8 days to score it. But it was also one of the best pieces of video I had gotten a chance score and that was an added inspiration. Not to mention that it naturally contained a lot of emotion and was just begging for a little boost with the music. I really hope that I get a chance to do something that good again. When pushed that hard, I think it's best to just rely on what comes natural and that's mostly what I did by playing piano live into Cubase and fixing timing slop as I went. Atleast that way, all the dynamics are already there and I then tried to sweeten it as time permitted with strings and woodwinds. Albino covered my butt for all the electronic stuff. I really appreciate your comments.

Eric

Go Back to forum