• Register
  • Help

Topic: Defaulting a part in Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

Defaulting a part in Omnisphere?

I just made a multi, and made a 20 second deal on my sequencer. Did an audio mixdown, wherein I had audio dropouts in some of the parts of the multi. Figuring I'm maxed out in CPU land, I then proceded to eliminate some of the parts of the multi I'm not using. Problem is not being able to find a way to bring those parts back to the default position. Anyone know how to do this, or is that not possible?

Re: Defaulting a part in Omnisphere?

Hi,Pi..If you didn't save the multi or your DAW project previous to modifying the multi..I don't see anyway..To my knowledge ,at least at present..No save =no undo.. You need to save the multi ..Then you can edit it and stil get back to square one...Unless you save often with your Daw..Then you can't backtrack..

The multi thing in Omni is similiar to the multi in Stylus...There are many variables in Omnisphere that you have to look into before deleting a patch from a multi...First check out the FX..Aux FX are taking a share of the CPU even if not being used, unless they are removed or muted. To mute an FX click in the blue area of it;s window..Before the next thing. Check the number of voices for each patch..Lowering the number will decrease the CPU hit..Then you can look into the FX for each patch..Some are a large part of the sound ,and some in a multi stuation will not be missed..

Also the system set-up is worth experimenting with as well. As is your Host's (DAW) buffer settings..Many variables to suss out..Last but not least..This thing is a beast when it comes to CPU..It is for me ,and I don't see myself using it as I wish I could...

I don't have the bank available for a new computer so I need to utilize work arounds..That said..Sometimes there are no real world work arounds..Sometimes I just have to passs..Programers don't regard the fact that many Do Not have the latest and greatest systems nor can they afford them..However in real terms,,that isn't a valid consideration as to developement...

I am in a process of exploring how best to use Omnisphere in regards to the reality attached to my situation..I sure wish I could call on as many things as I wish ,but that reality is not a possibility, so work arounds are needed...Best...JON

So Remember..Save ,save, save..You can allways delete what you've saved..But you can't regain what you've lost..

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    Hi,Pi..If you didn't save the multi or your DAW project previous to modifying the multi..I don't see anyway..To my knowledge ,at least at present..No save =no undo.. You need to save the multi ..Then you can edit it and stil get back to square one...Unless you save often with your Daw..Then you can't backtrack..

The multi thing in Omni is similiar to the multi in Stylus...There are many variables in Omnisphere that you have to look into before deleting a patch from a multi...First check out the FX..Aux FX are taking a share of the CPU even if not being used, unless they are removed or muted. To mute an FX click in the blue area of it;s window..Before the next thing. Check the number of voices for each patch..Lowering the number will decrease the CPU hit..Then you can look into the FX for each patch..Some are a large part of the sound ,and some in a multi stuation will not be missed..

Also the system set-up is worth experimenting with as well. As is your Host's (DAW) buffer settings..Many variables to suss out..Last but not least..This thing is a beast when it comes to CPU..It is for me ,and I don't see myself using it as I wish I could...

I don't have the bank available for a new computer so I need to utilize work arounds..That said..Sometimes there are no real world work arounds..Sometimes I just have to passs..Programers don't regard the fact that many Do Not have the latest and greatest systems nor can they afford them..However in real terms,,that isn't a valid consideration as to developement...

I am in a process of exploring how best to use Omnisphere in regards to the reality attached to my situation..I sure wish I could call on as many things as I wish ,but that reality is not a possibility, so work arounds are needed...Best...JON

So Remember..Save ,save, save..You can allways delete what you've saved..But you can't regain what you've lost..
    Having a hard time understanding that the choice to load default from the browser into a part isn't available for the sole purpose of dumping whats in those parts. A sort of trimming the fat. You know what I mean?

Spectrasonics recommends a real time Export from what I've read here
    http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=223

Try this see if you get a better mixdown.I've bounced a few things without any probs.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    Spectrasonics recommends a real time Export from what I've read here
    http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=223

Try this see if you get a better mixdown.I've bounced a few things without any probs.
    Cool!
    I'll give that a try right now. I'll bet it works!

That's the ticket! Ya learn something everyday I guess. Thanks!

Anytime..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Go Back to forum