• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cant See the third browser

Share/Bookmark

Cant See the third browser

Hi Eric and the gang, I must say from an Aussie view! love the big "O". Now my 2 problems.

I use an IMac plenty ram speed hard disk etc, use Logic Pro 8.02 when I open the VST in Logic I see Spectasonics Stereo, and Multi but no third browser patches etc. I installed carefully re instructions, and cant figure why I cant see it.

Also how does one fix the groove from RMX exp, I dragged the mid file to Ominshere as per the video and its does not lock obviously doing something wrong.

Thanks guys glad to be here

Re: Cant See the third browser

Hi..I am a bit confused about the groove lock thing also..I'm going to get a bit into that today..

As to the browser thing..Firstly how are you loading VST's into Logic ??

Anyway..What you seem to be describing are the options for loading omnisphere in Logic..Those aren't browsers...They are the way the outputs are handled in Logic.A multi as you describe ,refers to a multi-out from the source..Which would be the 8 outputs from Omni..

The browsers are on the Omni interface not in Logic..The Multi browser is accessed by clicking in the topmost blue slot in Omni..The Patch browser is accessed by clicking in the blue area underneath the word Omnisphere..And the soundsource brower is accessed by clicking either of the bluse slots beneath each layer in the main view... JON

I don't remember who posted this but it might help.. http://www.timkiel.com/Home/Tutorial..._Tutorial.html ....

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post

I don't remember who posted this but it might help.. http://www.timkiel.com/Home/Tutorial..._Tutorial.html ....
    It was me! Hence the website address ;-)

Anyway not sure what the first problem is, but I think Jon you've tackled that. As for Groove lock - it does work. Here's how to test it:

Load up an arpeggiated sound or create one yourself, play a note or chord. Now drag the midi file from Stylus RMX (something with a simple but definite groove - the Backbeat xpander is good for this stuff) onto the groove lock of the arpeggiator in Omnispere. Now play the same thing and you should notice the difference.

On some patches you can (or so it seems to me) see the arpeggiator miss beats as it plays back.

Best

Tim

It doesn't require Stylus RMX for it to work right? I mean I can drag in any midi pattern from my vsti sequencer and it's working fine.. In my case FxPansion's Guru is working great with it.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    It doesn't require Stylus RMX for it to work right? I mean I can drag in any midi pattern from my vsti sequencer and it's working fine.. In my case FxPansion's Guru is working great with it.

Thanks Guys, yes it was the browser set up not the selection from Logic, I get the multi, and the patches, what specifically is the soundcapes browser? and also for the explanation on the Stylus rmx connections will try that later, but thanks once again to all

Hi Rok..The soundscape browser refers to the many sounds that can be used as an oscillator or layer source..I think someone mentioned that there are something like 2,000+ of them...

Also thanks Tim for your tutorial..As said every picture tells a story..All the best..To all.. JON

Go Back to forum