• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Voices of the Apocalypse Version 2

Re: Voices of the Apocalypse Version 2

Thank you Nick. I purchased VOTA soon after it came out and have been so busy that I have had little time to work with it. However, I am about to start adding some VOTA short sequences to an already existing project, so the version 2 disks will be greatly appreciated. I am very impressed at your efforts to improve your previously finished VOTA project.

I do have one question: is it possible to change the VOTA sounds using controller messages to reduce the amount of the reverb that sounds when I play back a recorded sequence from Cakewalk Pro Audio? In previous messages, you had mentioned something about \"release\" samples related to the reverb, but I don\'t know what that means. Please excuse my ignorance.

Saawwwweeet Duuuude......saawweeeet.....duuuude...

this is very cool of you Nick! Its appreciated very much! It really means alot to users like me that updates like this happen.

Lance, no ponts and Sale/promotions at the same time. Its one or the other.

The point system\'s been going on for atleast a year.

I have 1000 now and its kind of neat to think that you cau;d actually get a free library with htat. ... but I\'m saving it

Really...I am an Idiot

There is a new King!! Hail to the king!
    His name is Nick!

Thank you for all the hard work and an outstanding show of customer care.

PS. King is still King...I know, I know, it will be alright

Francis Belardino

Composer/Sound Designer

Thanks NICK!!!

Wish I could put it as elegantly as KINGIDIOT, but yes, sounds great!!

[This message has been edited by Robert Kral (edited 02-15-2002).]

I bought VOTA from macmidimusic.com (only $449). How do I get the update?

call east west on or after Mon. 25.
    1-800 -833-8339

Thanks Nick, that\'s pretty amazing...and in such short time.

Hey, can you reveal any trailers you have worked on recently where you used VotA? I forgot which trailer that I saw recently, but it sounded exactly like part of your demo on soundsonline. Thanks.

Voices of the Apocalypse Version 2

The VotA update will be a completely new version (still free). Luckily I had saved the samples post looping, but pre filtering. I am removing rumble on a sample to sample basis, so the new samples have all the low end that they should, but no low end noise. They sound bigger and smoother. I am also cleaning up some funky samples. The new pitched consonants include,b,d,g,j,l,m,n,r,th.v.w and z, all chromatically sampled. There is a low and a high version of the non pitched consonants. There are now crossfades between every vowel as well as mm and every vowel. There is a all new angels patch (expressive oh vibrato) and and an all new demon patch which crossfades from big, monk like, sustains to big, demonic, expressive vowel shuffling sustains. Also 1 new huge demon cluster. I have added more expression and attack options to everything as well.So, if you already own this library you will get all new disks from East West. Hopefully in one week!

\"th\"! You added \"th\"! And chromatically sampled!

*still waiting for SoundsOnline\'s next sale*

By the way, does anyone know if, by any small chance, SoundsOnline lets you use the points system along with a sale?

Also, how long have they had the points system? I haven\'t ordered from them in quite a while, but I\'ve bought GS 160, Total Piano, AO, Ultimate Strings, and two QL libraries from them before.

They don\'t reply to emails, and I worry that if I call, I\'ll be tempted to order RIGHT NOW, so any help y\'all could give is much appreciated.

Minority Report End of the VotA demo sounds like it....

tho the Minority report choir sounds like there is real voices over the top... or a real choir. It still sounds like VotA can get that sound with some tweaking/mixing.

In Fact Spider Man and Minority report had me smiling because I thought to myself \"Wow!!! I can do that for myself now!!!.....If I knew how\"

I\'m quite happy with VotA for that freaking huge sound. you can\'t focus on how each sample sounds. Its really that in a a piece you realize it was sampled the way it is because it actually sounds good in a piece.

I still find it a little too big, but Nick admitidly says its mostly to \"fille the gaps\" of other libraries at the moment. Am waiting for VotA 2. I am a choir library geek for some reason. Even tho I dont use them too often. I like them Alot

Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum