• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prosonus Orchestral music (Newbie's First)

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus Orchestral music (Newbie\'s First)

Hello guys,

Thanks for the help that many of you have given me in form of advice and insight. I\'m fairly new to this (Been GigaSampling for 2 weeks, and yesterday I received the Prosonus Orchestral Collection).

Here\'s the link to the song: http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/DarkAges.mp3

I\'ve only been playing with the Prosonus Orchestral Collection, so I\'ll give my overall impressions later.

I\'d appreciate your comments (Hopefully not too destructive )
    If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks to this community of great people...

Re: Prosonus Orchestral music (Newbie\'s First)

I\'d love to hear your demo, but the page says \"unavailable for viewing\" in Geocities .

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-15-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    I\'d love to hear your demo, but the page says \"unavailable for viewing\" in Geocities .

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-15-2002).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello Damon,

I\'m the guy that sent you an email about your Shawshank Redemption Prison Theme mockup (Like I\'m the only one )
    I\'m sending you an email with the MP3, and if anyone wants to hear it too, just let me know!

Thanks!

<raises hand>

you may want to try \"zipping\" the file then uploading it to geocities.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    <raises hand>

you may want to try \"zipping\" the file then uploading it to geocities.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey King,

I uploaded a new version (increased volume settings), in mp3 and zip formats.

Here\'s the links:
    http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/DarkAges3.mp3 http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/DarkAges3.zip

Let me know what you think, even if it\'s not too good...

sounds good. Nice and brooding

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    sounds good. Nice and brooding
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks man, I\'m enjoying here like a kid at a candy store!
    I\'m going to do a couple of demos for Damon, to test strings in the high register, and might post them later tomorrow or on Sunday.
    Take care.

I agree with King - dark and brooding. Pretty effective.

Perhaps a little wet in the verb department.

Damon. When I tried to directly open the mp3 (right click, open in new window) I got the same message as you, but when I right clicked and saved, the mp3 downloaded straight away.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    I agree with King - dark and brooding. Pretty effective.

Perhaps a little wet in the verb department.

Damon. When I tried to directly open the mp3 (right click, open in new window) I got the same message as you, but when I right clicked and saved, the mp3 downloaded straight away.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Chadwick,

Thanks a lot for the comments. I do realize that there\'s too much reberb (Used the GigaStudio Medium Hall default setting).
    Now King has wetted my appetite towards SoundStage (See King\'s post). Don\'t you have any shame, King?

Thanks for pointing that to Damon, I already sent him the original MP3 this morning on an email, and am doing some demos for him to hear high register strings, which I will probably share with the rest if they aren\'t too ugly.

BTW, what type of reverb unit do you use, Chadwick?

Have a nice weekend!

Go Back to forum