• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Trumpet on youtube

Share/Bookmark

The Trumpet on youtube

Hi everybody,
    i posted a short clip on youtube that shows how The Trumpet works in Logic.
    You can see the piano roll, the breathcontrol curve and the score all in sync.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tMt7e25rGY

Thanks for watching and please let me know what you think!

best regards
    Hans

Re: The Trumpet on youtube

Excellent work!
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

great job, the whole deal (song, trumpet work, and video)-- thanks for posting
    Sam

Thanks a lot guys,
    very much appreciated!

Hans

Because video and audioquality leaves a lot to be desired i also uploaded the clips to Vimeo.
    Looks a lot nicer and has a much better sound so please use this link instead:
    http://vimeo.com/user772171

thanks for watching!

best
    Hans

wow! impressive... great expression...

is that line on the bottom that follows along volume? mod wheel or something?

Very nice Hans, can you give a short (or long ) rundown on how you assigned and used the breath controller, and was the trumpet part written to notation to trigger the samples or played in on a keyboard controller.

It is a really nice melody/improvisation.

Duh just thinking about it since there is a piano roll...it was input with a keyboard most likely...anyway I would still love to get an idea as to how you approached that. It sounds really authentic....not just the quality of the trumpet sound sample..... but the playing and note choice.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

thanks for the nice words.
    i played the notes with my right hand on the keyboard and blew into a BC3 breathcontroller at the same time. thats the curve you see.
    then i optimized the data and added the keyswitches in steptime.
    i am sure a better player could easily trigger the keyswitches in realtime with their lefthand while playing the melody with their right hand but i am only a guitarplayer.....

best
    Hans

Well it's pretty cool Hans...thanks for the information.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Go Back to forum