• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm still here!

Share/Bookmark

I'm still here!

My iMac has been taken over by some dark force that is using it to upload and download data. It works fine as long as I'm off the internet. I thought it might be a neighbor hitching a ride on my wifi but hooking up directly to ethernet made no difference. You can watch it doing it's evil deeds with Little Snitch but it has no remedy. I called my fiber ISP and hope to get healthy again soon. I do have it's licence plate numbers.

I'm posting from my old iMac which is still uninfected.

I hope to have some good news about my music soon.

Be careful!

Re: I'm still here!

Wow!

They need to make hacking into people's computers a felony and enforce it, like they do breaking into people's homes. Why do people get away with this intrusion and vandalism?

I'm not.

I had a similar problem with the PC I use for internet. Fortunately, together with micro softs "Malicious Software Removal Tool" and anti-virus I was able to find the culprit. Everything seems to be fine since.

I agree it should be a federal offense hacking into peoples computers. How do you enforce it though with all the technologies at hackers disposal?
    Styxx

Sorry to hear the news. You don't happen to use an Apple Airport do you? I know they were causing some issues that were patched not too long ago by Apple.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

My ISP left a message that it's Apple's Bonjour(mDNSResponder) that is active. I don't use it.

The internet addresses are in the Netherlands. 85.255.112.223 & 85.255.113.202. They thought I was maybe just chatting with them. Guess again.

I got home and got on the internet and it took them about five minutes to detect me and start up again. It was too late to call my ISP tech support or Apple today.

The plot thickens.

Go Back to forum