• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere...it's horrible!!!

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere...it's horrible!!!

Well done Eric,

You've turned an otherwise quite sensible man into a small kid on Christmas Eve with a suger rush.
    Since the UPS tracking number shows my Omnisphere box is on its way today, I find myself checking the window every ten minutes, and sooner than that if there's any loud noise outside.
    The sound of the doorbell has me flying out of my office (on crutches, as my ankle is broken, so perhaps a turtle shuffle is a more correct decription), only to find it is the boring regular post.
    My life is completely beholden to the delivery of a UPS delivery man...

You evil, evil man!!!

Joe
    Joris de Man - Composer | Sound Designer - www.jorisdeman.com | Killzone 2 soundtrack now available on iTunes link

Re: Omnisphere...it's horrible!!!

The UPS man has just delivered Omnisphere, and it is now on my desk....
    ...I'm at work, and wont get off for the next 7 hours

I think the abstinese will start in an hour or two.....

Make sure to give us some quick demos eh? I should really jump on this since I own Atmosphere but I just ordered Symphobia and my bank account is already crying...

I ordered my upgrade Thursday and so far no UPS tracking info.
    Starting tomorrow I wont be off for 7 days from work so not much
    play time for a while. In the purchase info email it says
    "please allow 48 hours for processing" ! Are they that backed up?
    I ordered 2nd day UPS I guess that means 2nd day from when
    it actually goes out.

Gah.

My UPS tracking says "out for delivery" on Sept. 22nd, which is today. It's now 7:25 PM, so I don't think I'm going to get it today. (I keep listening for the doorbell, though . . . )

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

btw I think they can rename this category to "omnisphere forum"...
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Smile Re: Omnisphere...it's horrible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joris de Man View Post
    Well done Eric,

You've turned an otherwise quite sensible man into a small kid on Christmas Eve with a suger rush.
    Since the UPS tracking number shows my Omnisphere box is on its way today, I find myself checking the window every ten minutes, and sooner than that if there's any loud noise outside.
    The sound of the doorbell has me flying out of my office (on crutches, as my ankle is broken, so perhaps a turtle shuffle is a more correct decription), only to find it is the boring regular post.
    My life is completely beholden to the delivery of a UPS delivery man...

You evil, evil man!!!

Joe
    Don't get excited too early. It took me about 5 hours to defrag the hard drive first, then about another 6 hours to install Omni. Save your excitment for the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by RodStaples View Post
    Don't get excited too early. It took me about 5 hours to defrag the hard drive first, then about another 6 hours to install Omni. Save your excitment for the day after.
    Wow, that's definitely a long time! And I thought my appr. 70 minutes on a Mac Pro were long.

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova View Post
    Wow, that's definitely a long time! And I thought my appr. 70 minutes on a Mac Pro were long.
    Naw, that's fast.

It took 45-50 minutes per disc on the PC I installed it on first and 20-25 minutes per disc when I installed Joanna St. Claire's copy on her G5.

Go Back to forum