• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation Omnisphère on internal DD

Share/Bookmark

Installation Omnisphère on internal DD

Hello,

thanks in advance for your help. I just received Omnisphère, and i want to install the bank, on a designed internal DD.

I'm on a Mac Pro 2.66ghz, cubase 4.1.3, and up till now, i install all vst on Mac HD, and the bank another internal DD.

Can i make the same thing with Omnisphère? I just said that i want to install the vst only on Mac HD with custom install, and to restart the dvd, to install the bank only on another internal DD.

Thanks.

Re: Installation Omnisphère on internal DD

Any opinion?

Yes - it's very easy, just follow the installation instructions and you are asked to install the library on whichever drive you choose. The main application must go on Macintosh HD though (or whatever your boot drive is called).

You can also move the STEAM directory at any point in the future too should you wish to.

Regards

Tim

Ok thanks Tim.
    By precaution, i install all dvd on HD, like instructions. So, if i can move the Steam directory, my problem is resolve. I finished my installation, and i move it later. Finaly, it's very easy to install Omnisphère.

Franck.

How we move the file? We just have to move from one DD to another, or is there a special manipulation?

My copy has arrived yet, but now I'm wondering. How much space does the main app take? Is it really big?

Rogles - On Mac the AU version is about 95MB - so not huge, guess VST is about the same

Scatman - you can simply drag and drop the STEAM folder anywhere you like and as long as you create an Alias (OSX) or Shortcut (Windows) to the new location where you've moved it to then everything will work fine.

I also found this the easiest way to install on to my mobile rig which uses an external FW drive - just copy the STEAM folder from my main DAW, use Disc 1 to install just the AU component, create an alias and away you go.

Thanks Tim. I just finished to install Omnisphère on my mac pro, and for installation of update, it's necessary to indicate exactly the folder for updating, and just indicate the folder STEAM?

It's ok for me. Omnisphere work fine, and i install the last update, now it's ok.

No particular problems here. Many thanks Tim!

Go Back to forum