• Register
  • Help

Topic: M-audio DIo card not working with Gigastudio 3 HELP!!

Share/Bookmark

M-audio DIo card not working with Gigastudio 3 HELP!!

so the card works alright with Live 7 and even gigastudio when its rewired to live7 but gigastudio wont recognize the card when its standalone. the card is compatible with gigastudio 3 which is stated in the tascam site and the guy who sold it used it w/ gigastudio 3 in his computer.
    gigastudio 3 defaults to rewire mode (when its the only program) and wont recgnize the card.

i have windows xp sp3 intel quad core 2.4 /4g of ram.
    i trigger samples from logic 8 in a g5 so the gigastudio computer is only for gigastudio.

btw, i used to have the delta1010 card and it worked fine. i had to reinstal the driver for the delta dio and now works but not with gigastudo which is what i need it for. and ill have a filmscore coming up so i need help quick.

Re: M-audio DIo card not working with Gigastudio 3 HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
    so the card works alright with Live 7 and even gigastudio when its rewired to live7 but gigastudio wont recognize the card when its standalone. the card is compatible with gigastudio 3 which is stated in the tascam site and the guy who sold it used it w/ gigastudio 3 in his computer.
    gigastudio 3 defaults to rewire mode (when its the only program) and wont recgnize the card.

i have windows xp sp3 intel quad core 2.4 /4g of ram.
    i trigger samples from logic 8 in a g5 so the gigastudio computer is only for gigastudio.

btw, i used to have the delta1010 card and it worked fine. i had to reinstal the driver for the delta dio and now works but not with gigastudo which is what i need it for. and ill have a filmscore coming up so i need help quick.

A couple things - M-Audio may be releasing a new beta driver very soon - this may take care of your problem. I have been a beta tester for them and it helped me with another problem.

On another note, I sold my M-audio cards because, after a lot of reasearch, talking to other composers, and generally being unhappy with my mixes, I found that the card just will not cut it for film scores. I too am in the process of a score, my first. I was told that if I want to do more after that, I should get a pro card. If the film you are doing is just a small thing for the net, then you willbe fine - but if it for a bigger project - I might suggest you talk to some of the big cheeses. Just something for you to think about.

Go Back to forum