• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: On-line Piano Lessons?

Share/Bookmark

On-line Piano Lessons?

Is there a good on-line piano lessons available for a relatively beginner? I do play a bit of piano, but I'd like to learn jazz piano. Other than hiring a private instructor, is there any feasible on-line option? (or DVD?)

Thanks!

Re: On-line Piano Lessons?

You should contact Kathy Parsons:

http://homepage.mac.com/kathyparsons...s/Menu191.html

She does live internet lessons via webcam and she'll give you a free trial!

Check out dickgrove.com they offer a DVD based jazz piano course. I haven't taken it yet, but i will soon (I have taken their musicianship courses, and am currently taking their composing and arranging course.). His methods are great, and there is no doubt that these courses are top-rate. It comes with cd's, each lesson has over 40 play-along tracks that have been recorded with professional jazz musicians. (His school was once the biggest music school on the West Coast, and lucky for us he recorded many classes and courses onto video.)
    Sam

On-line Piano Lessons?

Yes we have to many online piano lessons especially for beginners.but they have to choose very good one which take him to all the tips.I guess through internet we can find some online piano lessons.

Hi,
    Very recently i meet with my old friend.Now he is a playing piano very well.I asked him that from where you learn this.He said that the on-line piano lessons helped him very much.He promised me to give the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy24 View Post
    Check out dickgrove.com they offer a DVD based jazz piano course. I haven't taken it yet, but i will soon (I have taken their musicianship courses, and am currently taking their composing and arranging course.). His methods are great, and there is no doubt that these courses are top-rate. It comes with cd's, each lesson has over 40 play-along tracks that have been recorded with professional jazz musicians. (His school was once the biggest music school on the West Coast, and lucky for us he recorded many classes and courses onto video.)
    Years ago I bought the Dick Grove "See It - Hear it, Hear It Play It" cassette & VHS video course. While he seemed quite knowledgeable the format and slow pace was that of a bad college lecture and, just like a college lecture, the hardest problem was staying awake. I actually told him that. To his credit, he was nice enough to take it in stride and actually signed one of his emails "Mr. Zzzz".

Are the other courses similar format? That is, him giving a lecture with a single camera pointed at him and the whiteboard?

Ernie

Hi,Just i am working on internet to know about online piano lessons.I decided myself that i am not going to depend up on my friend.

Hi,
    I am taking the help from a great music teacher to know the online piano books.when i get the full information about online piano books then i will inform you.

Yes there are millions of online piano lessons are available ,but choosing the right one is most important,even if you have best online piano lessons and videos you must do a lots of hard work and great home work..

Yeah, but how can you rap knuckles online?

Go Back to forum