• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I delete a patch from a multi in Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

How do I delete a patch from a multi in Omnisphere?

I can copy or paste, but I don't seem to see a way to delete one. Anyone figure this out?

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: How do I delete a patch from a multi in Omnisphere?

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    I can copy or paste, but I don't seem to see a way to delete one. Anyone figure this out?

Thanks!
    I saved an empty patch to my user library. Whenever I want to erase a layer from a Multi, I load this one.

I was noticing this as well.

Maybe it can be addressed in a future update? I doubt they have time for it in the near future with all the other things they are already addressing, but maybe by the end of the year?

Utility>Clear Multi.....is that what you guys referring to, to clear the Multi out of the little window so it goes back to Default?
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

A huge oversight, IMO, not to be able to delete a part in a multi! The other day I had 8 parts and needed to save on some RAM/CPU by getting rid of 1 part I wasn't using. I had to delete the entire multi and reload my previous parts. What a pain!!!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

OKay guys sorry to be retarded...I just looked at Stylus and in the Multi utility it has a heading Part Clear and all you do is highlight the number of the part you want to clear from the Multi and click it and after an "are you sure?" prompt, you click and it is gone.

Yes that seems to be missing in Omnisphere.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

I'm still not sure how Spectrasonics let that one slip by them. Maybe they thought Omnisphere sounded so great that they never dreamed anyone would want to delete a part.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

yes that seems to be a strange oversight.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Right click on the patch you want to delete, see the utility folder in top left open it, , hit clear patch......

Why "too many patches" is a problem. I haven't had no way to delete Omnisphere patches. I tryed but I can't then now I don't care.

Go Back to forum