• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere Basics Questions

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Basics Questions

Okay I just got Omnisphere. It is amazing. Although I have several basic questions.
    1. We need a good manual. The one in the update is very basic. It would probably answer all my questions. When can we expect that? For almost $500 you would assume we would be told how to use it.

2. How do you use midi learn? I would like to call up patches via midi cc messages from my Novation Nocturn. Or if I can't do that via PC messages from my FCB1010.

3. Is there a user bank? I get weird messages stating that I have to navigate to a specific local, but it doesn't seem to work one I get there. I have to create a user folder myself? Does this sound right?

4. This is the most basic and forgive if its obvious, but..... How do you clear a multi? Been looking for 5 hours. I'm ing perplexed.

Re: Omnisphere Basics Questions

#4....Utility>Clear Multi
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

You can clear a multi, but not a part in a multi. I'm sure Spectrasonics will be fixing that soon........I hope.

MIDI learrn- right click the control you want to "learn" and choose MIDI learn. This feature doesn't seem to be working with my Motif XS, though. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Manual- I totally agree that a better manual would be great.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Okay, but how do I change patches via midi?

Ok, I've been trying to give Spectrasonics the benefit of the doubt, but this is total Bull.... After one week I have to still wait at least 5 minutes for it to open. No manual, was this thing even tested on PC. Really the only thing I like so far is the arpeggiator. The sounds are either retro or wierd IMO. I'm sure with a lot of time I can build some usable stuff but this product is not ready for purchase and I suspect the companies aim on beating the Xmas rush is why we, the consumers are going through this frustration now. I'm talking about PC's I don't know about Mac's. Sorry to be so brutally honest but that is the way this whole business is, no stroking, just the facts.

There is a simple workaround to the 5 minute startup problem. See the FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net. There will be an update shortly to eliminate the need for this workaround.

The reference manual is available as a download. Click on the logo in Omnisphere and click on "Check for Updates". We're working on tutorial videos to supplement the manual and the first batch will be available shortly.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arranger View Post
    Ok, I've been trying to give Spectrasonics the benefit of the doubt, but this is total Bull.... After one week I have to still wait at least 5 minutes for it to open. No manual, was this thing even tested on PC. Really the only thing I like so far is the arpeggiator. The sounds are either retro or wierd IMO. I'm sure with a lot of time I can build some usable stuff but this product is not ready for purchase and I suspect the companies aim on beating the Xmas rush is why we, the consumers are going through this frustration now. I'm talking about PC's I don't know about Mac's. Sorry to be so brutally honest but that is the way this whole business is, no stroking, just the facts.
    If you are having problems. CALL THEIR SUPPORT LINE. They are very good and will help you. That is what it is for.

I know folks on MAC and PC who just got it and everything is working well. Especially after following their tech support forum info. So the fact that you are having problems and a long load time is more likely only a fact for you and not a blanket fact that the program is not ready for all PCs, etc...

Call Spectrasonics (or email their tech support if you can not call)...and have them work with you and your specific system specs. You may be seeing a problem unique to you and your system and frankly...there is little to no way to account for the thousands of system configurations out there.

Contact them.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: "After one week I have to still wait at least 5 minutes for it to open"
    Sorry to hear that, but I can't back your findings. I too am running Omnisphere on a PC, but it 'only' takes 22 seconds to open, so perhaps this problem is specific to certain PCs? I'm finding Omnisphere rock solid as well.........playz

Glenn,

The 5 minute solution workaround worked, thanks. The reference manual is is not complete, I have checked everyday. When I "check for updates" I get all green lights so I'm guessing I have the most up to date manual. Is it somewhere that is not directly visible?

Tony

I was replying to your comment that there is "no manual". There will be additions to the manual in the next update within the next few days. There will be video tutorials as well. Lots of great things on the way!

- Glenn

Go Back to forum