• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere in Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere in Omnisphere

Hello everyone,
    I just received Omnisphere yesterday so forgive me if I ask a question that has already been answered. I didn't find the answer here that I was looking for yet.
    I have seen several references lately to Atmosphere patches or whatever in Omnisphere, but no explanation so it seems everyone but me knows what is happening. I seem to recall hearing or reading that Omnisphere will replace Atmosphere and that Atmosphere sounds were to be updated etc. and be in Omnisphere (hope I got that right). In any case, I can't find any Atmosphere patches as such in Omnisphere, so am very glad that I didn't remove Atmosphere from my drive yet. Would someone please explain to me where these 'patches' are in Omnisphere, or if they are still to come...or where I've gone wrong here. Omnisphere is great, but right now it's also not a substitute for Atmosphere. Many thanks...............playz

Re: Atmosphere in Omnisphere

it's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I just received Omnisphere yesterday so forgive me if I ask a question that has already been answered. I didn't find the answer here that I was looking for yet.
    I have seen several references lately to Atmosphere patches or whatever in Omnisphere, but no explanation so it seems everyone but me knows what is happening. I seem to recall hearing or reading that Omnisphere will replace Atmosphere and that Atmosphere sounds were to be updated etc. and be in Omnisphere (hope I got that right). In any case, I can't find any Atmosphere patches as such in Omnisphere, so am very glad that I didn't remove Atmosphere from my drive yet. Would someone please explain to me where these 'patches' are in Omnisphere, or if they are still to come...or where I've gone wrong here. Omnisphere is great, but right now it's also not a substitute for Atmosphere. Many thanks...............playz

Ya, I went through the same thing.......looking and looking again for any Atmosphere patches. I'm glad it will eventually come, but I really was under the impression from the Spectrasonics that this would be a part of Omnisphere from the get go.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

YES -- I just read in another thread that "Eric is working on the Atmosphere patches now"...

So that clears that up for me.

post removed by user

Cheers, everyone! Glad to know that I'm not going crazy. Looks as if Spectrasonics goal was to get the main body of Omnisphere released on time then add features, tutorials and perhaps a better manual later. So, I'll just be patient because this is a company I trust. And, I'd rather see solid releases with a few features missing at first than a shoddy release of the main program. I know Eric et.al. will provide these things as soon as they can, but only once they feel they are ready.............playz

That sounds solid mate...me too. There are a lot of posts about when this, when that. The bug reports are actually very important to Spectrasonics I am sure and users should surely keep those coming. I am certain those guys are working flat out trying to fix stuff and at the same time get out the tutorials and the Atmosphere patches etc.

Seems to me a few guys will be needing a vacation soon over there.

I think patience will pay off, it is a brand new release after all and there are bound to be issues.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Umm, they're in there. Under Soundsources, not Patches.
    www.joeldouek.com

"Show me your Pasodoble!"

Yes, the soundsources are in there already but Spectrasonics has said that the patches will be coming soon too. They haven't arrived yet and it has confused an awful lot of people so far, so no one should feel bad about asking questions about it.

Yes, just for clarification, it was indeed the Atmosphere "patches" I was asking about, not Soundsources.................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum