• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere + nuendo 3 + quicktime = crash?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere + nuendo 3 + quicktime = crash?

Ok, so i decided to live with the long load times and start working with omni.
    So i have a project open in nuendo 3, omni and a quicktime video (h264 codec). This is the standard codec/video setup that i've used for a couple of years with all my other plug wthout any hassle.

Everything is fine until i push play - nuendo crashes, freezes completely and i have to restart.

going to try converting my quicktime to avi and use the directshow player instead and see if this makes a differece.

anyone else had any problems along these lines?
    I'm just not having any joy with omni

Re: Omnisphere + nuendo 3 + quicktime = crash?

ok, so far so good after switching from quicktime to directshow avi
    seems to be conflict between omni and the nuendo qt player

ok.. further updates.

worked fine with avi video until i added my seventh part to a multi, nuendo crashed with a "runtime error"

i think omni and nuendo don't like each other at this stage...

I've noticed certain crashes and or pops (deafening) with certain multi patches.I do use quicktime and c4 maybe it's a steinberg and omni thing ?
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    I've noticed certain crashes and or pops (deafening) with certain multi patches.I do use quicktime and c4 maybe it's a steinberg and omni thing ?

yeah, maybe. you and i seem to be having some similar problems. had a couple more crashes, emailed tech support.

just hacking my way through projects until there's a fix.. in spite of the problems i'm having i still have to say omni is a monster!

Go Back to forum