• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: To Spectrasonics guys....

Share/Bookmark

Smile To Spectrasonics guys....

Hey !

First of all i want to say that i am a huge fan of Spectrasonics as a company .... it has always been on the top of my list of high quality audio instrument and sample library creators and i think there are not many companies out there that have done as much for audio producers as you have ... For me the name Spectrasonics associates with something that is extremely high quality, reliable, with friendly guys like Eric representing the company and huge profesional producers using their products...

However i think that you have made a mistake of releasing Omnisphere too quickly ...

I have had omnisphere for a week and so far i feel like i still haven't recieved the instrument ...

For me a big part of the whole thing is having tutorials, big manuals to read through and learn something new....

But Omnisphere doesn't have a proper manual ... - OK you are trying to be progressive and have a reference program built in to omnisphere .... but i honestly can say i don't need that ... A simple searchable pdf would do the trick because if i learn something, i usually PRINT out the manual and leave it in my studio just in case i need it at any point ...

Also a big selling point of this instrument was that it will have all the atmosphere sounds .... so far no luck ...

Big plus of stylus rmx was the availability of video tutorials that i could watch and learn the ins and outs of the program ... this option is not available so far. ....

So tell me - what is the point of having an instrument that i can not learn how to use properly ?? Why couldn't you set the release date a month later BUT have all these things made already .... i could have waited .... there is no use to have omnisphere installed on my system anyway ....

besides i read this forum about stuff like crashes, bugs ... a need to have a "workaround" to clear ONE patch of a multi .... i mean come on guys i can see that you have spent more effort to create a huge hype around the instrument but not to properly test and develop this amazing thing to perfection ....

also not all pathes have been released so far ...

so that leads me to a question - what is this ... an expensive beta testing phase ???

for me this looks like windows vista fiasco ....

you have to admit that Omnishere is not finished.... slow loading times, needs for workarounds, incomplete patch base, soundsource load errors .. and so on ... .... geez where does it end ...

I mean honestly guys i am shocked.... i seriously love this company but i am a bit disappointed ...

I also understand that it is extremely hard to create an instrument like this but if you make such a hype around it and present this instrument as a NEXT generation of synthesis, you have to deliver ... otherwise do not make statements like that .... i know this sounds a bit rough but believe me, i don't have time for crashes and endless waiting for updates ...

I think Omnisphere is one of the most amzing soft synths i have ever heard it actually doesn't sound like a soft synth .... but i have to ask you to please complete it to perfection. Could there be a possibility to have a pdf manual ... please ..
    Also could you update the instrument with more patches and multis....
    Please develop the interface and the main plugin so we don't have to have to figure out workarounds for things ... also there seems to be asio load problems with the instrument at times .... (my pc far exceeds the needed specs)

So in the end i want to say thank you for creating amazing products ... thanks Eric and all others for all the hard work .... Believe me you are amazing ....

Cheers ...

Re: To Spectrasonics guys....

Well BIGguy,

You are alot more tactful than I am. Probably cause I'm older and really don't care who likes me or not (not saying you do). Yeah, this thing was hyped up like the millenium with the countdown and all, or NASA. Why didn't they just wait until it was right? I think I know but who cares? Anyway, I pretty much share your views and am glad to see someone else has the balls to say what they think instead of kissin' up for getting a raw or not right deal as promised.

Tony

Im sure all these issues will be dealt with. Im not worried. A lot of software have issues when it first comes out. Its up to Spectrasonics to make their customers happy. And Im a happy customer. I also think I read somewhere that they are working as quickly as they can to fix these issues. The fixes are coming. Now I have to go, and play with my little Omnisphere .
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

i bet my bottom dollar the boards would be flooded with negative posts if the release date was delayed because someone at Spectrasonics had decided that 1000 patches are not enough for the release or the full manual wasnt still ready.
    I would suggest to cut the team at Spectrasonics some slack and let them put the finishing touch on these things.
    One thing is for sure-they are not sitting there twiddling their thumbs and counting money.
    Instead evryone is working around the clock there to get the rest of the stuff out of the door.
    i am totally confident that very soon all of these minor issues will be history!

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    i bet my bottom dollar the boards would be flooded with negative posts if the release date was delayed because someone at Spectrasonics had decided that 1000 patches are not enough for the release or the full manual wasnt still ready.
    I would suggest to cut the team at Spectrasonics some slack and let them put the finishing touch on these things.
    One thing is for sure-they are not sitting there twiddling their thumbs and counting money.
    Instead evryone is working around the clock there to get the rest of the stuff out of the door.
    i am totally confident that very soon all of these minor issues will be history!

Hans
    I second Hans. Be patient. Change is coming.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

After playing around with this plug for the past week, this is without a doubt,the best piece of software out there for sound generation, flaws included, and there are a some big flaws, and many minor quirks. Now if Spectrasonics takes 6 months or more like most companies take, to fix the obvious, I'll rip them a new one on the boards, like I have with those other also rans. Personally - I don't think there is any way in hell they will fall short here. If an update comes out before this week is out, we should be impressed rather than pissed.
    In the mean time .... happy modulation of the waves. It's the least you can do while crying a river.
    RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post

Hans
    I've spent the day on this remarkable piece of synth history. And I mean that- It's ground breaking and deep. Reading the complaints, I'm confused as I have not experienced a single glitch.

If you are one who is impatient w/getting atmosphere patches, loading times etc- then take a moment to initiate a default patch and start loading your own from the patch library. You'll be thrilled at the easy to roll sounds you get. Then go deeper and experiment with the parts of the patches- change it up a bit.

I think Omnisphere is well within industry standards as being complete. In fact ,Spectrasonics has raised the bar. There is just far too much to use musically to complain.

Maybe it's a PC/sequencer of choice issue but on a MAC G-5 quad w/6 gigs ram on Digital Performer 4.6-it's absolutely a brilliantly smooth ride.

totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz View Post
    ...on a MAC G-5 quad w/6 gigs ram on Digital Performer 4.6-it's absolutely a brilliantly smooth ride.
    Now that's good to hear!

I ordered yesterday and have the same configuration as you but using Logic 8.

Smile Re: To Spectrasonics guys....

Hey guys and thanks for all your answers ..... and i am surprised to see people actually agreeing with me.

@D'arranger i am trying to be tactful because i respect Spectrasonics guys a lot, and thanks for agreeing with me...

Actually i think the same - i think that Spectrasonics are working their asses off to finish up the product, but i also think that releasing this instrument right now is as somebody pointed out a commercial decision based on the christmas season ....

But i can't blame them .... they want to sell their products ...

@plus - that is what i think is wrong with todays software market ... - things come out and the developers rely on the first batch of customers to actually test the product ... I think that the testing should happen BEFORE any piece of software comes out. I know it is expensive to test stuff but you got to do what you got to do...

If you are one who is impatient w/getting atmosphere patches, loading times etc- then take a moment to initiate a default patch and start loading your own from the patch library. You'll be thrilled at the easy to roll sounds you get. Then go deeper and experiment with the parts of the patches- change it up a bit.
    well that is what i want to do but i want to read the manual before i do stuff - i hate the random button twiddling technique ... i want to kinda know what i am doing and how deep it goes

well as i was saying .... i do appreciate every bit of work spectrasonics have done ... i just expressed my view on the whole situation and i am waiting impatiently to get te updates and atmosphere patches....

Go Back to forum