• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Sorry quick Cubase question

Share/Bookmark

OT Sorry quick Cubase question

Sorry for the off topic but I can't figure this out.

I use Cubase Studio 4.1.2.

I have a song that I wrote that uses NI KORE 2.0. the midi track has a patch assigned and some automation changing some morph values. Works great.

I reworked the song one day and saved it under a new name. (using "save as") Now when I load in the new version the Kore sound is messed up. Even when reloading KORE and the specific patch it doesn't work right.

It still sounds fine in the original file.

Is there anyway to copy the midi track from one song to another and have cubase reload the plugin and patch? Do I have to open up both song files to do this? (Woould that open up a double set of VST's?)

I can't find help online or in the manual. Hopefully this is a no brainer for any Cubase user. If you have a solution please feed it to me in baby steps. I'm not the sharpest marble in the bag

Many thanks in advance kind sirs and ladies!

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: OT Sorry quick Cubase question

extremely quick and rubbish reply:

Why not make an audio from the first project and import that, instead of putting midi files here and there?

(butcher solution, I know, but anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    Is there anyway to copy the midi track from one song to another and have cubase reload the plugin and patch? Do I have to open up both song files to do this? (Woould that open up a double set of VST's?)
    Hi Darren,

Try opening both projects at the same time. First the newest one, and after the project which is working fine (the old one), but don't activate it, so the VSTs won't load again (no matter if you activate it, though). Copy the original midi track and paste it in your new project. That should work...
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Thank You Nikolas and Eduardo. I will try both of these tonight.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum