• Register
  • Help

Topic: Want to watch a studio being built?

Want to watch a studio being built?

After 18 years in our current location, our little music and audio post company is building a new studio. I'm blogging about it, including pictures. If you absolutely don't have anything better to do with your time, you can read about it here:

Fred Story
    Concentrix Music and Sound Design

Re: Want to watch a studio being built?

I should add, the blog is mostly written toward clients and prospective clients - so things are explained in a fairly elementary fashion. Don't want to insult anyone's intelligence. :-)

Fred Story

Wink Re: Want to watch a studio being built?

...well, that should do for some homerecording

Looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing the interior design.

Great project,
    I just wonder why you don't include doors between control rooms and studio.
    Looks like a long way to walk.

On the other side, you have more time to shout: "Shut up, stop slagging, she's coming"
    When the singer comes to the control room after singing.
    Is that the plan?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass

Budleigh Salterton

That's great Freddy!!

Where's the mortgage coming from - Washington Mutual?

Good question about access between control rooms and studios. You'll notice 3 control rooms and 3 studios. Two control rooms are composing rooms, one for audio post, dialogue recording, ADR, etc. Studio 1 will be our main music tracking room, but will also serve as a screening room. Studio 2 will be for multiple talent VO sessions, or very small instrumental overdubs. Studio 3 is a one person vocal booth.

We'll maintain any needed visual contact from room to room with closed circuit video. That way we won't have to compromise on isolation.

PaulR...I see you're following the exciting economic news here on our side of the pond.

I meant to mention...the main reason for the studios being spread out is that we use them in a modular fashion. We can have three sessions going at once, one guy tracking a rhythm section, another doing a dialogue session, while a third guy does a vocal overdub. We schedule the room that's appropriate to the session. It's the way we do it at our current studio, and it's worked out really well.

I've even used all three rooms at once for larger music sessions. Guitar and bass in the control room, drums in studio 2, singer in studio 1, brass section in studio 1 - with everyone getting sight cues via closed circuit video. Logistically, it works. And the separation is really nice come mix time.

Go Back to forum