• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    I know I keep having the most mundane problems but I downloaded Mike's Phrase modeled performance multi, Extracted it to my KontaktPlayer2 folder but they don't show up in KontaktPlayer.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. #2

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    I did, it was in the wrong place but I cant remember how I fixed it. make sure files are where they are expected.

    I will look again this evening when I get back a see where all the bits go if youre not fixed by then
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX


  3. #3

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    I did, it was in the wrong place but I cant remember how I fixed it. make sure files are where they are expected.

    I will look again this evening when I get back a see where all the bits go if youre not fixed by then
    Thanks Derek.

    Maybe you can help me with this too. Once the multi is loaded, do you have to add the instruments and save again as a multi?

  4. #4

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    You need to read the manual very carefully, if you follow it step by step it works. It is all explained there, though you might need to read it thru more than once.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX


  5. #5

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    You need to read the manual very carefully, if you follow it step by step it works. It is all explained there, though you might need to read it thru more than once.
    Derek,
    Thanks for the help. Here is specifically what I am having problems with:

    At http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3h95m/k2scripts/id8.html
    The instructions say:

    "Unzip or copy multi files to the
    "\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis\Phrase Modeled Performance Multis" folder"

    And the documentation that comes with the download says

    "Unzip the Phrase Modeled Performance archive to your KantaktPalyer2 folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Instruments"

    Brian

  6. #6

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    I seem to have the following on my machine:

    C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis\Phrase Modeled Performance Multis\pmpm_def2.nkm

    its about 18kB

    Hope this helps
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX


  7. #7

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    I know I keep having the most mundane problems but I downloaded Mike's Phrase modeled performance multi, Extracted it to my KontaktPlayer2 folder but they don't show up in KontaktPlayer.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian,

    Sorry I didn't notice this till today and thanks Derek for filling in in my absense

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    Derek,
    Thanks for the help. Here is specifically what I am having problems with:

    At http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3h95m/k2scripts/id8.html
    The instructions say:

    "Unzip or copy multi files to the
    "\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches\Multis\Phrase Modeled Performance Multis" folder"

    And the documentation that comes with the download says

    "Unzip the Phrase Modeled Performance archive to your KantaktPalyer2 folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Instruments"

    Brian
    The URL you referenced is for individual multi's and the unzip directions are correct. However the main install must preceed installing the multi demos. This install will create the "Phrase Modeled Performance Multis" folder. The multi demos should be unzipped to this directory

    BTW
    C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Native Instruments
    should be
    C:\Program Files\Native Instruments
    sorry for any confusion this caused


    Maybe you can help me with this too. Once the multi is loaded, do you have to add the instruments and save again as a multi?
    The multi with the main install PMPM_Def2 is just a container, instruments must be added. Instruments can be mixed and matched from all the Garritan K2 Player Libraries. This multi should be saved with a unique name to the "Phrase Modeled Performance Multis" folder. The demo multis do not require adding instruments although instruments can be added if there are open slots and do not require saving

    Let me know how you make out

  8. #8

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Mike,
    I am starting to get the hang of your performance multi. It really helped to look at K2 while my sequence was playing. I still don't know how you controll volume for mixing purposes. I have noticed that your multi is great as shaping lines but I still need to adjust the balance between sections and the overall volume of the band. I know it dissables cc 131 but cc 7 doesn't seem to work either.

    Brian

  9. #9

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    Mike,
    I am starting to get the hang of your performance multi. It really helped to look at K2 while my sequence was playing. I still don't know how you controll volume for mixing purposes. I have noticed that your multi is great as shaping lines but I still need to adjust the balance between sections and the overall volume of the band. I know it dissables cc 131 but cc 7 doesn't seem to work either.

    Brian
    Brian,

    Volume is controlled mainly by velocity (the velocity is translated to cc1) use cc29 to alter the velocity after the translation. (allows for low volume with sharp attack or loud volume with soft attack). CC7 should also work but you might have to enable this in each instrument's instrument options by checking the "Accept standard controllers for Volume and Pan" check box. Also only notation instruments are supported.

  10. #10

    Re: Phrase Modeled Performance problem

    Mike,
    I would love to be able to implement the effects I hear in your demos, but I am new to this area of using midi to create these effects. Is there a step-by-step newbie tutorial for using PMPM?

    Thanks in advance,

    Terry
    Amateur composer/arranger (at least nobody's paying me yet), vocalist, erstwhile cornetist
    GPO, JABB, Finale 2009, Harmony Assistant, Audition

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •